Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked under the rear cargo flap for my 2015 MCS and noticed water had gathered around the toolkit, has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had the same problem in my 15 plate one started smelling musty damp in my boot. Lifted the floor pad and noticed The compressor and tools were sitting in 2 inches of water
Have contacted my dealer 2weeks ago and going in for to get sorted on Monday 16th as this is the first avalible loan car.
They are going to keep for a week to fix and replace the door seals at same time as b pillars are scratched
I have midnight black colour so hope when they respray the pillars the match well
Anyway love the car just pissed it's got these niggles which I know will be put right

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just looked under the rear cargo flap for my 2015 MCS and noticed water had gathered around the toolkit, has anyone else had this problem?
Yes, I just found that I had 3 inches of water in the toolkit well after heavy rains, and mold growing underneath both cover panels!!

Pulled the rubber plug and drained it, mopped up everything and used a shop vac to get as much water and mold out.

I thought that maybe it was my fault by leaving the hatch open at some point, but unlikely. Next rain, sure enough - small amount of water in the tool well, and again the panel above it was wet.

I will be taking a hose to it tomorrow to see if I can reproduce the problem, and maybe see where it's leaking. Also best to be able to reproduce it so the dealer can see the issue first hand...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem! So seems like it's a common problem with this generation of mini? I'll contact the dealership asap to have it fix, should be under factory warranty right? How long does it take for them to fix it and what's the outcome? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I just found that I had 3 inches of water in the toolkit well after heavy rains, and mold growing underneath both cover panels!!

Pulled the rubber plug and drained it, mopped up everything and used a shop vac to get as much water and mold out.

I thought that maybe it was my fault by leaving the hatch open at some point, but unlikely. Next rain, sure enough - small amount of water in the tool well, and again the panel above it was wet.

I will be taking a hose to it tomorrow to see if I can reproduce the problem, and maybe see where it's leaking. Also best to be able to reproduce it so the dealer can see the issue first hand...

Did you find out the cause by any chance? Is it tubing problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone resolve this water leak? How? My dealer had not seen it before. They're going to replace the hatch door seal but I can't tell if that is the problem or not. Hate having to keep going back and forth. My dealer is over 1/2 hour away.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
First time I've seen this thread, I've not checked mine and not going out just yet as hissing down with strong winds but if it's wet I won't be happy as my previous 3 MINIs were all R55's clubbies and they all leaked and the dealers seemed unable to fix so was one of the reasons to change to the F series.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remember this issue on the very first generation 'New' MINI (2002), I think on those models water was getting in through a poor seal around the third brake light if I remember correctly. I had a friend who could hear water sloshing around in his Cooper S, he looked in the boot well and the water was right up near the top of the battery terminals (the battery sat in the boot well on the first generation models).

Think I'll check my F56 tomorrow!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I checked tonight and I'm dry :)

High level brake lights and roof guttering drain holes/pipes are usual suspects.

·
Registered
411 Posts
In my R60 I had problems with rainwater coming in through the front passenger side.
Solution: replaced in protective plastic membrane of the door and cleaning of ducts (rubber seals) rainwater runoff from the roof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here! What to do?

I noticed only yesterday that I was having the same issue. I keep my microfiber and shop towels in the cargo area under the flap, and when I reached for them for some cleaning, I realized that they were completely soaked. I initially though it was something that may have spilled back there and soaked through but the flap itself was completely dry on both sides. Emptying the cargo area, I noticed that the floor pad was semi wet and lifting it up I found the toolkit area with roughly 3" of water, so I removed the plug and I am letting it air dry.

I am a bit dismayed on what happened (as many of you, from what I can gather from the post). Fortunately, I don't see any visible rust but I don't want to have to wonder if the trunk of my car is flooding or not. Do you guys know where the water is coming from? From the hatch? From the underbody? I am positive if I bring it to the shop, they will tell me that they can't repro the flood... so I want to be armed with more knowledge regarding this before going to them.

Many Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there I'm new to the forum and looking for some help/info/ friendly advice ?i bought my first mini on Friday and noticed today, after alot of rain, that there is water in boot. It's sitting in the well where the puncture repair kit sits. I just wondered if anyone else has had this? What was the problem? I phoned the dealer to query and parts dept will call me tomorrow bit I was basically told that they've never heard of this in a mini before!! Any advice would be great. It's a 2015 mini one D.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hi there I'm new to the forum and looking for some help/info/ friendly advice ?i bought my first mini on Friday and noticed today, after alot of rain, that there is water in boot. It's sitting in the well where the puncture repair kit sits. I just wondered if anyone else has had this? What was the problem? I phoned the dealer to query and parts dept will call me tomorrow bit I was basically told that they've never heard of this in a mini before!! Any advice would be great. It's a 2015 mini one D.
Best check mine again tomorrow!

All dealers seem to deny issues regardless if they do or not!

My previous MINI was a R55 clubman with a leak in the boot which they seemed unable to fix and said it was unknownnto have a leak yet this was my third R55 and all of them had leaks......

BTW welcome along :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same issue dropped off my f56 at the dealer last Friday and picked it up the same day , they resealed all the connections around the boot door and changed all the rubber around the door as well , also the service tech mentioned that they have seen this multiple times it is not a rare issue , also gave me a service car till they fixed mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water in boot

Just got my 2015 MCS 3 weeks ago and found water in the toolkit as well. Made an appt with the dealership. Hope it's nothing serious, because I really like the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Water in boot

Many of you have this issue but only one has replied with a dealer fix? Replaced door seals? Did that solve the issue? What about the rest of you with leaks??? I just noticed the same thing today on my 15 rear boot. Going to dealer tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts