Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my F56 1.5t for about 6 months now, it's been an absolute joy to drive.

Just today I randomly noticed the black felt in the boot was very wet, so I lifted it and found nearly 3 inches of water under it. It rained yesterday but I have no idea how / where the water entered. Also oddly enough there seems to be some kind of patch job in the boot under the felt, I'll attach an image bellow of it. I'm assuming this is not normal and the car doesn't come from factory like this lol? So there is a patch of some type, but I also can't imagine the water has entered from under the car. Any ideas? Perhaps I didn't close the boot properly on one occasion although I would have noticed the notification on the dash. Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
The “patch” is normal factory fit. Our F55 leaked after heavy rain. Numerous other F56 owners have reported leaks into the boot well. Some seem to fix leak with a new rubber boot seal. In our case I was convinced it was a seam behind the bumper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a cpo 2018 mini 2dr hardtop. When the dealership was detailing car for delivery, they noticed that the boot was leaking as they washed the car. They replaced the seals and it took 24 hours for the glue to dry. It was a warranty repair of course. It is now been through several rains and washings with no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts