Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a water leak that appears to start from the air vent (level with my left shin when I'm sat at the wheel) and then drains into the carpet in the driver's footwell.

Yesterday, I could have sworn I heard a noise like a tap being turned on then off - this was a speed with the radio playing - so I might have been mistaken!

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Car is booked in for Thursday for the problem to be investigated but if I can go armed with the knowledge of others experiences that would be great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have never had this happen with a mini. We did own a van that had this happen. Apparently the water that rolls down off the window went through some type of drainage strip. We had pine trees in the front of our home and the drainage points became clogged with pine needles and backed up and overflowed in to the air vent system. Not sure if that helps you any...but something to consider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.