Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a water leak. I can't figure it out. The only thing that makes sense is that it's coming from the A/C condenser drain. I really get a lot of water in there. I noticed it last week, I dried it out, put a towel under the mat, and drove it a few hundred miles (no rain). Sure enough, the towel was sopping wet. I wrung it out and the carpet is still soaked. I don't feel or see anything on the sides or under the dash so it doesn't seem to be running down. It's really strange. I looked at the OEM parts catalogue and the A/C drain (part 9 in the attachment) must be the culprit. I'm going to hunt a bit to see where exactly the drain is. I need to take the car in for the airbag recall anyway, so I'll have them fix this, but I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.

The only way I noticed it was when I was vacuuming out the matts. If I didn't do that, I don't think I would have noticed. So lift up your mat and see if it's wet down there.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Maybe they come with plugged up drain plugs from the factory. Could be that them smart robots spray coating right over it. Of Course just a wild guess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot, but I see that TSB is for an F56 and F55. Hmmm, seems pretty strange that they would not have fixed the problem with the new F54. Plus the owner's manual doesn't show how to replace the filter (pretty pathetic!) I looked quickly but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where it is on the F54? It hard to believe that they would put the filter above the driver's feet. It's usually behind the glove box. I don't see how I could get water in the driver's footwell (Left side since this is a US car) from the cabin filter. This is puzzling...

EDIT: Found it. It's in the center of the car behind a plastic cover. It looks like it's accessible from the driver's footwell. I guess that explains it. I'll let the dealer mess with it, but it's hard to believe that this was a problem with the F54 & F56 that carried over, uncorrected, to the F54...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 mini hard top. It is dripping water on the driver's side. It is still under warranty and I have driven it to the dealership 2xs (3 hour drive one way). It is still dripping water. I just want to know what to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts