Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Thunder Grey on a JCW with bonnet stripes would look crackin! :)

Good luck with the wait!

John

Reactions: Peterg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Guys, let the kerfuffle begin..
Thunder Grey, Manual, Red roof n mirror caps. jcw bonnet stripes, privacy glass. Chilli pack. Heated Seats.
It was built four days ago and available, got a cracking deal.
Just hope it feels quicker than the Cooper S F56 I had 12 months ago..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well that's all very well, but you do know the Auto is faster and you're clearly living in the past etc etc yawn yawn moan moan...

Nice spec, Chilli gives you all the bits that are nice to have and important for re-sale. AND you'll have a warm bum!

See what you think of the 18' run flats. give them a good scrub in (read.. be a hooligan for a bit in the corners) and they seem to come to life a bit.

Only a 3-4 week wait. Lucky bugger!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Guys, let the kerfuffle begin..
Thunder Grey, Manual, Red roof n mirror caps. jcw bonnet stripes, privacy glass. Chilli pack. Heated Seats.
It was built four days ago and available, got a cracking deal.
Just hope it feels quicker than the Cooper S F56 I had 12 months ago..
Don't be pressurised by these Auto gangsters>:D Stay firm 6MT for the win;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You guys are too funny! Don't pollute this poor chap's mind with all the trash talk about which tranny he spec'd. For me, "old school is cool.....6MT all the way baby!", but you know that already! LOL! Of course, I have one of the first MT JCW's produced in 2015.....and MINI made me wait a long time for it, but it was worth it! :)

I say his new JCW sounds just AWESOME! Great color choices too boot!

We wanna see lots of pics when it arrives!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
After 12months since I sold my Cooper S, I have just left a deposit on a new JCW.
Pick up 1st week in March?
Thunder Grey, Chilli pack etc etc.
Can't blooming wait....
I had some trepidation, but the F56 JCW is remarkable and stunning. I miss some of the handling of my R, but it pales to the outstanding performance of the F. You won't be sorry, it is the best mini yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the auto but if I ordered again I'd go manual, I think a manual car always feels faster even if it isn't it's all about how the car feels. Oh and if you sway into modifying the manual box can take more torque than the auto.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Manual or auto, it doesn't really matter, they are both great cars. However, with the quality of these modern auto's I doubt if I would go manual again for a daily driver.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Each to his own I say..
I like an Auto, my wife has a BMW Auto, brilliant car.
I just wanted the JCW to be a drivers car, and for me that's a manual. I don't doubt the auto is great though.
Can't wait for delivery, 3weeks n counting......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.