Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I currently drive a 3.0l diesel Jaguar XFS Sportbreak (275bhp) and had a deposit on a 2017 Ford Focus RS, until yesterday that was!

We were looking to chop in the Jag for something cheap to run and own for the next ten months until the Focus arrives and had been looking at an older 2 Series Mini amongst others and thought we would go to the Mini dealership for a browse before signing on the line for a '56 plate.

I say were because Mini Peterborough offered me (what I think to be) a stonking deal on an Ex Demo 2016 (December) JCW in Lapis Blue, Red Roof with just about every optional extra available - including the Pro Exhaust system, (which was the clincher). The service has been really good so far and I've been promised some bits and pieces when I collect on Saturday.

It'll be quite a change from the Jag, but the test drives were the most fun I've had in a car for quite some time and I realised that the Jag had taken the fun out of the daily drive. Looking forward to the daily runs in the pocket rocket.

I'll post some pictures over the weekend if I get a chance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love it, the only comment I have is to be facetious and thats... It's a '65 plate, not '56 :p

I bet your excited for Saturday!!
I am thanks, but (it might be the way I wrote it) we were going to buy a '56 plate, Before we signed for the '65 plate.

Welcome along and the new beast looks great, enjoy at the weekend :)
Thanks Again, Seems like a friendly place!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Similar to my story. I wondered into my local dealer just to get some more info on a cheap R56 model but came out with a great deal on a year old F56 Challenge 210.

Great colour combo and enjoy the car :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Definitely different in a good way....stunning actually! I like it.

I cannot however understand MINI when they allow some not so common color combos yet dis-allow others....for example: Volcanic Orange with red roof & mirrors.

Enjoy.....it's a crackin JCW! ;-)

John

·
Registered
266 Posts
Awesome looking JCW, and it looks like you have the JCW pro rear diffuser on there too along with the exhaust.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks All,

Now you say it, it dies look like the rear diffuser has been fitted, but not the front or the spoiler ones......

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome.

Not my colour choice but a well specced JCW, cracking car.

It certainly is the rear PRO diffuser, it hasn't got the front spoiler extensions as they're not available with the front parking sensor system.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
In my opinion the blue with the red is just SPOT ON; think i've said it before but it's one of the few combinations i'd swap my vo for! Beauty. Enjoy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome.

Not my colour choice but a well specced JCW, cracking car.

It certainly is the rear PRO diffuser, it hasn't got the front spoiler extensions as they're not available with the front parking sensor system.
Good to know, thanks.

In my opinion the blue with the red is just SPOT ON; think i've said it before but it's one of the few combinations i'd swap my vo for! Beauty. Enjoy.
Thanks for the positive comments.

Really looking forward to tomorrow!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great first drive.

Picked her up at about 2.00pm today with a full tank of fuel, some Mini goodies answer some flowers for the Missus!

Really impressed with the service so far from Sycamore Peterborough - Darren has been great and the whole experience has been positive.

First drive was longer than planned, we are on town all day to do a few things and then, duty calls, we have to attend a black tie event this evening, but we got to blast back home as we had forgotten something. Not that far, but more fun than the Jag.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.