Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only ordered at the weekend and I'm already getting impatient excited. How on earth am I supposed to keep calm. I have at least a month to go! Help! How did you all cope?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Darn, I've put this in the wrong doobry. Can I delete it?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Don't obsess on where the car is if you can help yourself. Every little delay will drive you nuts. Try and remain calm and it will be here before you know it. From that point onward you will be stupid happy. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Try doing the factory tour,makes it even worse,watch the YouTube vid and play on the configurator. Then ask the dealer for the intro video. Guaranteed no sleep for weeks! (Me)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I only ordered at the weekend and I'm already getting impatient excited. How on earth am I supposed to keep calm. I have at least a month to go! Help! How did you all cope?
Ah stop bellyaching!
Your not the only one that's had to wait.
just grin and bear it chum, think of the rest of us on here that will be bored by all the photos you will post once you get it.
No doubt you will go on and on about how good it is and drive the rest of us mad.........(sigh!)

Hah! Only kidding of course, it all seems a long way off but time ticks on and before you know it will be with you.
For now just ask questions on here and you will find we are not a bad bunch:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Don't obsess on where the car is if you can help yourself. Every little delay will drive you nuts. Try and remain calm and it will be here before you know it. From that point onward you will be stupid happy. Enjoy!
For me at least being able to track my car as it has been making its way to me has been helping me relax. It is during the times that I haven't been able to track it that I've been less than calm. I find it mildly annoying that now that my car has made it to the US I don't really have any way to track it anymore. But with any luck I should be picking it up tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your kind words�� I only live 30 miles from Oxford so may do a tour. In actual fact is it not the waiting that makes buying a new car? Particularly one that you've pacifically built? I know I've never had this opportunity before so I'm trying to enjoy all aspects of it.

COME ON TIME HURRY UP!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Yep if you're.that.close you Must must must do the tour. You'll be amazed at the quality and the care they're made with .they sell every accessory in the shoptoo it's amazing.I'd go again there's so much to see!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I really want to go ^

Yeah I'm pretty lucky, my dealer put a "rush" on mine, apparently, and I ordered on the 10th and it's just made it's way to the bodyshop today (Code 5100 - Bodyshop Start.)

I've been all over these forums constantly, and MINI-Spotting when out and about. Even going to dealerships to look at the car some more. Might even book another test drive but will feel cheeky. Haha.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Any way of tracking the progress in the uk without pestering the dealer?!
Don't think so but dealers are quite good in this respect.
I had my first dealer video today, promising me another one when the car is delivered. It showed me the order status screen with all the details, and it stated my car had just completed the painting stage. (I'd post the video but it shows things like the car's VIN number, and other stuff I'd imagine one wouldn't want to share on the internet. I will share my final video though!)

Seriously though, they are really, really awesome and helpful. Just pester them, they honestly can not do enough for you. I've got the dealer, Damian, and his manager, Craig, on my email list and I've pestered them more than I thought any human could take.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts