Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a MINI One for my wife (52 years old), the dealer has helped to compiled a list of options and extra items. We have never owned a MINI and I am not sure if these options and extra items are really necessary. Also, are there any other options or extra items are essential which we missed out and no on our list below? (I live in UK).

Can some of MINI owners help please?

MINI One 3 door Hatch 1.2 automatic

Options:
(1) Media Pack XL

--Navigation System Professional
--Enhanced Bluetooth with USB audio
-- MINI Connected XL

(2) Pepper Pack

-- Sport Steering Wheel
--15” Heli Spoke alloy wheels in silver
--Floor mats, velour
--Pass, seat height adjustment
--Storage compartment pack
--MINI Excitement Pack
--Rain sensor with auto, headlight activation
--Automatic Air Conditioning
--Basic interior lights Pack (Orange)

Extra:
(3) Elec Fold Exterior Mirrors
(4) Heated front windscreen
(5) Rear view camera
(6) Interiro Trim Piano Black
(7) MINI Driving Modes
(8) Park Distance Control (PDC), rear
(9) Space – saver spare wheel
(10) MINI TLC
(11) Gard X

thank you very much

· Registered
506 Posts
I am going to buy a MINI One for my wife (52 years old), the dealer has helped to compiled a list of options and extra items. We have never owned a MINI and I am not sure if these options and extra items are really necessary. Also, are there any other options or extra items are essential which we missed out and no on our list below? (I live in UK).

Options:
(1) Media Pack XL

-- MINI Connected XL

(2) Pepper Pack

-- Sport Steering Wheel
--Floor mats, velour
--MINI Excitement Pack

Extra:
(5) Rear view camera
(7) MINI Driving Modes
(10) MINI TLC
(11) Gard X

thank you very much
Hi there,

I bought our first MINI one last september and got bored with it within 8 months as it was too basic and now we have a Cooper with a lots of extras on and We couldn't be any more happier.

I have had ONE auto as a loan car and I really found the auto box it a tab bit slower to response. I would still like you to give Cooper a thought as it will hold its value better and with these level of extras it will be quite desirable if or when you would sell it.

As far as the extras are concerned;
Pepper pack and TLC are must and Media pack is really great. I would ditch the camera as the parking sensors are really good (car animation with lights appear on the screen) and for such a small car camera is not necessary in my openion. I wouldn't pay for Gaurd X as its a lot of money for what they offer. Apart from that every thing seems good.

· Registered
75 Posts
LED lights for sure, ditch the camera and parking sensors, it's a small car and you can easily park it. Is personally ditch the nav, my phone does an excellent job so no problems and ditch the GardX it's rubbish and never applied correctly at the dealer anyway. Personally I'd go for the chilli pack rather than Pepper.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi doubletiger
The pepper pack looks great and great extras and tlc is piece of mind
I have a mini one 15plate and have pepper pack and tlc pack and visual boost
Midnight black and love it with all the toys that I need included with pack
The 1.2 engine is perfect and packs a punch.
This is my first mini and love it
Hope this helps but take for another test drive before ordering and compair both one and cooper
G

· Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Your question is like c as h king how long a piece of string is. You need to spend time looking at minis and thinking of what you want need in a car.

That said tlc pack def yes gardx def NO do this yourself .

Roof bars are essential if you'll ever want a roof rack all else are personal.

Eg I love the head up display heated seats heated front screen and led headlights. Navigation and media xl are very pricey however when sat nav now £70! But if like me you love music and hate wires..........
Set yourself a price limit and go and play with the configurator!

· Registered
1,837 Posts

Options:
(1) Media Pack XL

-- MINI Connected XL

(2) Pepper Pack

-- Sport Steering Wheel
--Floor mats, velour
--MINI Excitement Pack

Extra:
(5) Rear view camera
(7) MINI Driving Modes
(10) MINI TLC
(11) Gard X

thank you very much
For starters I'd turn around and say "**** NO!" to the Guard X, they're probably charging you between £500 and £800 for something that will be applied in the most inappropriate way possible to ensure it doesn't actually work.

Also I'd go as far to say you don't need the Media XL package, the Visual Boost Radio gives you the screen and added functionality... However unless Sat Nav is a must then I'd opt for this option as it just looks a lot better on the bigger screen!

· Registered
318 Posts
Hi!

Not sure if I am too late commenting with my suggestions?

I ordered my MINI One last year however I went for nearly every option going.

Happy to see a well specced Mini One though @doubletiger

There are a few things I would strongly recommend and couldn't live without.

The LED's really make the car look stunning. I also love the armrest- use it all the time! I went for half leather sports seats. These are really supportive and feel great.

The Media XL package is worth it as well. If you can stretch for larger alloys, 17"+, I think they look better. By going for these options, my car doesn't look like a Mini One and more like a Cooper haha.

Anyways, hope you get on well ordering your new car!

· Registered
24 Posts
I would add the LED's unless you want to keep the cost down, i didn't and do regret it although i don't do a lot of night driving to be fair though.
Defo ditch the guardx as it's overpriced and they won't apply it properly anyway however i did have that thrown in along with window tints...defo haggle for extra's ;)

· Registered
29 Posts
I'd go for a Cooper spec with Led lights and visual boost radio. Tbh I'd can the new car idea and go for a 6 to 12 month old Cooper S or SD with a nice spec such as chilli pack, visual boost, led headlights, heated front screen. Just my opinion though and totally understand if it has to be a new car.

· Registered
159 Posts
OK, so the original post was months ago but for anyone considering the MINI One as a foothold into the MINI driving experience...

I like the MINI One a lot, although I only had a test drive before ordering a Cooper in the end. This was because of the cost of the options versus the cost of the MINI One itself.

The MINI One is a great car for the money. As such I would go for just the pepper pack, a nice set of alloy wheels and the colour (nonmetallic if possible) I wanted. The TLC option is a must also. If you start adding a longer list of options you are soon in Cooper territory and you miss the point of owning the entry-level model.

If the MINI One suits your needs keep the options to a minimum.

Get what you think is the most good looking car that you can get for the money and you won't be disappointed.

· Super Moderator
8,918 Posts
Totally agree sunbar. Sit down and think will I really use this or miss this or prefer the look of this. Took me ages to spec mine played on the configurator for ages and set myself a price limit. .

· Registered
998 Posts
was just about to post the same, with a One i would hold off on expensive options such as LEDs & leather. Pepper pack is kind of expected by buyers but other than that keep it basic otherwise you would be better off moving up to a Cooper rather than throwing everything at a One

· Registered
17 Posts
I specked a mini one with pepper pack and visual boost and got metallic paint thrown in so cheery
Mine is a Feb 2015 model with extra drivers side sun visor and hidden compartment in passengers side dashboard. I love my mini and find it so economical and cheap to run

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.