Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my 2012 Abarth I lowered the Car by 2 Inches had 17 Inch Wheels and Tires on it. Sure gave it some fantastic handling around Corners and it looked nice too lowered.

After 1 Week in the F56 I am not even sure if I want to lower the Car because it feels great with the 16 Inch Tires. I searched different Forums and all I could find was Springs that lowered the Car by 1.1 Inches. I would like to close the Wheel Gap so the Springs make Sense to me but I do not want to spend over 1K on Struts Springs etc etc. since I do not Track or Autocross the Car. It is just a DD. Besides the Wheel Gap that Bugs me the Stock Ride is fine it handles great :)

The Go Pedal of Course is next on my List

So what Mods you think are useful? Any thoughts? I am not looking for Speed Bump Scraper just a nice clean look.;)

PS Sorry if that Question came up before

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
You can always do adjustable coilovers, you control the height and stiffness. I haven't seen a go pedal for the Mini yet. I did a VIP intake, so far so good. I also did a set of adjustable rear sway bar end links from NM Engineering . Getting ready to do the CravenSpeed short throw shifter(manual6speed) and updated retaining clip.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Sounds good Peter. R99 has nodded his to the max and its very slammed. I'm scared of mods due warranty but may well go for better intake system after. I do like k and n air filters.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Info Peter. Mini Mayhem/Madness 500 sells the Go Pedal for the F56. I will look into the Coils I planed on the Intake also.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kind of agree, it rides slightly high for my liking on stock springs, I'd just like it a smidge lower but without affecting the ride/handling too much...

·
Banned
122 Posts
What exactly is different in regards to the sport suspension versus the non sport suspension?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have done:

KW coilovers
Speedline wheels
Michelin tyres
Remus exhuast w/ racing tube
GruppeM carbon intake
JCW carbon scoop
JCW brakes (when they turn up)
Loads of painting to get rid of chrome

I would always recommend coilovers over springs ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts