Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. What are the chrome accents/caps under the grill of this Mini and where can I find them? Are they dealer installed? Can they be purchased separately after purchasing the mini? My Thunder Grey Mini came with black ones. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
The extra chrome accents are part of a factory package in the US configurator. I can't recall having seen them in the catalog as aftermarket add ons, though

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They're air duct covers and they're part of the Flash Package in the US. They're replaceable though - here are the part numbers for the chrome ones:
51117337811 (left)
51117337812 (right)

They probably just snap in, but getting the existing ones out may be challenging.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was going to refer to them as insect and road grime collectors, but then decided that might be a little mean heh

·
Registered
508 Posts
It looks like, for the F56, Mini have made the chromeline parts interchangeable with the non-chromeline parts - on the R56, some of the parts they clipped to were different so you had to change much more than just the chrome pieces.

One UK dealer's pricing website is showing those brake scoops surrounds in chrome (number 11, part numbers above) at about £38 each.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone! This forum is very helpful. Now I wonder if these are easy to take off and put on? Anyone here know?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Total rip-off

It looks like, for the F56, Mini have made the chromeline parts interchangeable with the non-chromeline parts - on the R56, some of the parts they clipped to were different so you had to change much more than just the chrome pieces.

One UK dealer's pricing website is showing those brake scoops surrounds in chrome (number 11, part numbers above) at about £38 each.

They cost around $3.00 to make. A pair - that is.;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll have a pair off you for $10 then, keep the change!
I already have them on my car. They're chromed plastic. I stand by my original pricing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sweet. Glad to be of help. I may or may not have just ordered up some rear mud flaps, a "Black Jack" shifter knob insert, and seat towel so I don't mess up my seats or fry myself on them this summer.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks, Tiger! Just ordered a pair from Mini Mania.
Nice! Let us know how the installation goes!

Sweet. Glad to be of help. I may or may not have just ordered up some rear mud flaps, a "Black Jack" shifter knob insert, and seat towel so I don't mess up my seats or fry myself on them this summer.
That seat towel is also immensely useful for my dog - no cold seat for him, no drool and fur on my new leather seats....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have them on my car, I would like to take them off and paint them black. I agree with Sirron, they should be about ten bucks. Man that is cheap plastic! I wonder how easy it is to remove them for painting. The chrome rings around the lights are made of the same flimsy plastic and are easy to remove. The problem with them is that the mounting points on the rings will break very easily if you're not careful. Most likely the same with the brake ducts.

Oh well, BMW had to cheap out somewhere.
Oost

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll have a pair off you for $10 then, keep the change!
Mini's mark-up is astronomical. I :|wrote about manufacturing cost.:crying:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts