Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mic for bluetooth above sun visor, and I think the other sensor is the internal Infra Red temperature sensor for client control, but not 100% sure on that one. I have had a sensor like that on all cars I have had with climate control so thats why I have assumed that one, and it's only on F56 cars with automatic climate control so must be a climate control sensor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The thing above the air visor is not an air vent, not even close. If you take off the cover, there is a power plug behind it. I'd also like to know what that power plug is for. In my MCS there is one of these behind each visor up front.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I always assumed the fitting near the sun visors was to help hold the roof lining in place? I think there may be some in the rear too?

Agree that the other item is a sensor of some sort – light/motion/heat?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I concur its for the microphone, there's one on either side to enhance the audible quality & as far as I'm aware the little circle on the centre console is for the climate control temperature monitor.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The roof covers are as said speakers for telephone, voice activation etc.

I'm not sure about the other item but can't see it being heating as it's now duel zone so would expect 2 sensors somewhere. I've not been out to look but could it be a sensor to dim/brighten dash lights in the day time, there used to be one in the rev counter on R56 models!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The roof covers are as said speakers for telephone, voice activation etc.

I'm not sure about the other item but can't see it being heating as it's now duel zone so would expect 2 sensors somewhere. I've not been out to look but could it be a sensor to dim/brighten dash lights in the day time, there used to be one in the rev counter on R56 models!
You my friend may be right, put your finger over it seen if the interior lights go dimmer.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's the sensor for the climate control. The light sensor for the speed-o is built into the speed-o itself. My motoring advisor showed me where it is, if i get a second I'll go out and see if I remember where he said it was.

·
Registered
768 Posts
How does one sensor work for duel zone?
Keep in mind that the Auto Climate adjusts for other things besides temperature, it also adjusts for humidity to avoid fogging and will react to a combination of inside and outside conditions. How it works specifically for dual zone I can't tell you but all auto climates need interior sensors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.