Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Just got my new 2015 Mini Cooper S 2 weeks ago, but the customizing instinct is already kicking in, love the car as is but can't stop the "it would be great if..." thought.
Anyone knows what changes can be done after market and what can't be done?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You can add decals. You can change the wheels & tires. You can tint the windows. You can plasti-dip the chrome. You can buy a MINI navigation system. You can buy JCW suspension, tuning, and bling. You can replace the exhaust and add chip tuning.

You can't add LED lights, retrofit the HK sound system, or integrate aftermarket stuff like GPS or backup sensors/camera. with the head unit. One guy posted about adding paddles to the steering wheel, no word if he was successful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer.
Too bad for the backup sensors/camera, but the feeling so far is that I won't need it anyway.
From the like of it I would say the arm rest is not an option either?
For me it's not a must and I'm the main driver, but my wife would like to have it when she rides.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks for the answer.
Too bad for the backup sensors/camera, but the feeling so far is that I won't need it anyway.
From the like of it I would say the arm rest is not an option either?
For me it's not a must and I'm the main driver, but my wife would like to have it when she rides.
I believe you can add the arm rest. If you go to shopminiusa.com, you can see all the stuff the dealer can install for you.

And regarding the backup stuff, $60 on Amazon will get you outfitted with a backup camera. It's not integrated with the car electronics, but the functionality is there. Same deal with distance sensors.

The factory-installed stuff is nice, albeit somewhat confusing and slightly glitchy. But you pay a premium for it. If you are willing to install aftermarket stuff you can in many cases get equivalent functionality for much less dinero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts