Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at Coils to improve the ride a little and lower the car at the same time. Now my head is spinning because of too many options. Have been looking at the H&R coils if anybody has some good advise or which brand you like and what to look for in coils and where to buy at a good price please share it. BTW the pic below is just a sample pic.;)

H&R Coilovers 52373

H&R Street Performance Coil Overs Monotube

Recognizing a demand for premium suspension components tuned for the street—with race car features like adjustable lowering—H&R engineers rose to the challenge. Received in the market with great success, H&R Coil Overs feature an innovative mono-tube gas shock construction. Using premium quality materials, H&R engineers fine-tune each coil over shock with a progressive rate spring to ensure better handling and premium ride comfort.

Height adjustable to 1.0 - 2.5” on average
Wrench tool included
Fine tune lowering to what you want
Made in Germany

·
Registered
768 Posts
H&R are pretty good quality from what I understand. I've never used them but haven't heard complaints from people that have. For affordability, probably the best solution is the KW V1 coilovers, or for about the same money you can get the JCW Pro Coilovers, made by KW and get a warranty from MINI.

All things being equal, If it were me, I would go for the JCW Pro Coilovers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does somebody have just springs. Like eibach or H&R isn't that also good? or are coilovers a must. I would just love to be a bit lower but with the same ride quality as standard.

Thanks.

Having had lowering springs before in the past I would never choose them again.
Coilovers are far superior to standard shocks with lower and stiffer springs.
Coilovers are designed to work with the updated shocks so you get a nice ride quality aswell as your own choice of height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
768 Posts
You can get lowering springs but those are a cheap solution to get you lower but at the expense of ride quality.

The best way to go lower yet still retain ride quality is coilovers.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've just got Eibach lowering springs to try them out, getting fitted next week or the week after, I'll have a video on my YouTube channel about them so people can see the results, I'm getting coilovers eventually but wanted to try these out anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.