Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I also think the arm rest gets in the way of the controller.

And the heater is rubbish. Heated seats brilliant though. My previous four Peugeots had brilliant heaters. Not looking forward to the colder weather :(

I don't like not being able to turn off the footwell lighting at night, it's a distraction. I'm all for pretty lighting but they're a nuisance ....especially for passengers.

Why is there no MUTE button on the steering wheel? Only way to pause the ipod or mute the radio is to turn it off altogether.....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The scroll wheel on the dash adjusts the ambient and the instrument panel.

I'll have a fiddle with your suggestion though Jeremy......

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Mike ...... I think the foglight switches are in totally the wrong place too - such a grope to try and find them ... however the lights themselves are excellent! Why couldn't they have put them on the trim just above where they're situated currently - where you can see them through the steering wheel?

Main beam....still can't get to grips with pushing away to get full beam - in all my Pugs it was a pull to activate - I keep flashing my beam first before I remember!

Totally agree with the interior mirror dipper - I cuss constantly about being to much of grip to go for auto dimming! When I had the RCZ, auto dimming made it impossible to see anything out the tinted double bubble screen .... I thought the MINI would be the same with the tints but not nearly so bad ..... I'll just put up with being dazzled!

Heater shouldn't have to be on such full whack that you can't hear anything above it.....plus its a shame the heated seats don't count down like the RCZ ones did, you have to manually turn them down/off. But I like a hot ass on a cold day.......

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Front fogs, rear fogs, instrument panel illumination, headlamp height adjust... all out of sight and impossible to find and adjust while on the move.

And now that we've done a long trip away and had to unpack the car in darkness... no roof light above the rear seats - who authorised that little saving MINI ? What... the... **** were you playing at? That's just mean. Thought I'd join the chorus on that one.
I agree Derek, it's a nuisance having to fumble about for buttons or the dial that changes the brightness (I have my lights always set to auto so not USUALLY a problem, only if it's a foggy day and the car doesn't seem to know it's foggy....see it isn't THAT clever :)
The fog light buttons would have been better on the little flat bit above where they are currently ...you could see them through the steering wheel then.

I've wondered why there is no light in the boot..... there is a power point so I don't know why they couldn't wire in a light too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.