Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
The heater/fan has been rubbish in all three iterations of the car, its never been powerful enough to ventillate the whole interior. Also they still havent managed to fix the side window smearing. Other than that having come from an R50 and R53 i havent got much to moan about, most of the minor niggles have been engineered out

·
Registered
998 Posts
Side window smearing is a function of the styling and upright windscreen, so more airflow goes over the side windows than on more 'modernly'-styled cars.

It's a bit like claiming your stilettos aren't good for running.....
The smearing im talking about is caused by the inadequate door seals trapping dirt which spreads onto the glass when you open thr widow. Its nothing to do with the upright windscreen. The run off of water from the windscreen across the side windows has been fixed on the f56 with the introduction of a channel down the sides of the a pillar covers

·
Registered
998 Posts
Can someone please clarify to me that although the "Basic Interior Lights Pack (Orange)" specifies orange, they are still colour changing? My dealer said I will still get them, but I'd hate to have downgraded my lighting by accident.
sorry to have to break it to you, but i think you're only getting the non-changing lights there. you need option 4V9, Mini Excitement Package to get the switchable LEDs.

This link gives some good detail about which options contain what:
http://www.mini.dk/_downloads/pdf/Prisliste_MINI_F56_ekstraudstyr_130314.pdf

·
Registered
998 Posts
OK, until now I've had trouble coming up with anything I dislike about the car....but finally, here it is. I'm annoyed by the "Random" play function on the audio system and the way that it will sometimes replay the same track in fairly quick succession. I don't know whether this means it's "too random" or "not random enough", but I wish it worked the same way as "Shuffle" in iTunes - i.e. mixing up the order of songs it plays in your collection, but removing each track from the "next up" playlist as it does so, so you don't get to hear the same track again till you've listened to the whole set. The Mini "Random" doesn't work like this, am I right? (Please tell me that I'm wrong, or there's a fix!)
i've definitely noticed this as well. it's never repeated the same track in one journey but i have wondered if it resets the 'randomiser' each time the car is re-started. also slightly annoying that if you skip a track it doesn't go to the next track randomly, it defaults to whatever order the tracks are actually in, ie alphabetically

·
Registered
998 Posts
(belated reply)

They certainly do stuff things up. My MY11 JCW was ordered in BRG and delivered in Black. I ordered the black leather with white piping, came with JCW piping.

Pretty big foul ups, but my dealer said they replaced the entire ordering system around 12-24 months ago, so it's undoubtedly better now :)
those types of build errors are (or were) caused by the difference between what the dealer would input as the customer order & manual interpretation of this into a factory order by mini. as your dealer stated this ordering system has now been overhauled to remove this manual step

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.