Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Me too Johann ridiculous the abs system on the r56 worked brilliantly at no cost to me. I've just bought the tpms's and had them fitted to some aftermarket alloys by which time ill have spent £600 grrrr. And the dealer can't pump the tyres up as the tpms valves hardly stick out of the alloys and one alloy is scratched. Transit damage I should've checked them . Now the tyres are on do I complain or not. ? I am not very happy. Hope we get some snow! And of course in 5 years time all the batteries will be flat and I have to start again. Even more grrrrrrs!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
You can turn the lights right down using the roof control Donna. One push dims I think and a hold on it makes them scroll or otherwise!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Me too 're the bum warmers though they aren't as good ie don't get anywhere near so hot as my r56 or my wife's roadsters. Ah well,probably some health and safety thing . Not used the heater yet it's not been cold enough.however my r56 was toasty ! Agree 're fogs Donna crazy switch position. I will forget they're there! R56 they were on the toggle switch bank which was better but I'd trade it for where the window switches are now. Much better! X

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Ill apologise now thunder7 but the fact it won't chime on open and lock is imho a fantastic bonus. Cars doing that drove me nuts on our visits to the USA. Cheep cheep great!noise pollution!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
They don't really seal they let water down the inside of the door and out the drain holes in the bottom,!not a problem for me at all.

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Iagree with the engine comments prowillys. What a sound. Like a Porsche. Fab. Cgingras think yourself lucky they use calcium. here in the uk they use salt which rusts everything. Motorbike will go to bed soon due to salt!, it's a nightmare!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Ah well .thought it was uk councils being cheapskate. Just fitted my winter tyres btw and I can confirm that the mini APPEARS to be very very well undersealed and most of the underside has covers over it. They told us on the factory tour they use zinc impregnated steel and lots more aluminium bits on the suspension compared to the r56 .I never saw a rusty r56 so the f56 should fare even better!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Interesting! I last had these items on a mkV Golf and for me they worked better in that.
Mine was a mk 4 r32. Probably improved them for the next model . Mind they worked really well just saying the minis are equally as good if not better.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
The acceleration is the same in the car is the same whether in normal or sports mode, it is just the throttle response (the sensitivity of the pedal) that is different.
Yes correct kenl but it's amazing how different th he modes feel I hate green. Feels sooo sluggish.

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Surprised 're your steering and gearbox comments ironsides. I love the feel v firm and grown up but of course tyres can affect steering. Gearbox is great. Steering less sharp than r56 but more refined I think. I just shift the armrest to the up or right back position all the time. Will only put it down on the motorway. It doesn't get in the way there!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
What. Have you fiddled with fader and bass and treble settings and are you giving it a good source. I can shake the insides with beautiful bass and maintain a clear sound. It's great imho. 12 speakers 400 watts .I love it.

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
I agree Scotsman-I listened to the visual boost and was impressed-sadly it was the appearance of the HK system and the extra volume that did it for me and the knowing that I might regret not having it whereas some of the options I knew I wouldn't miss!
I too am a bit of an audiophile-Yamaha amp, sony cd player (es series about 15 years old now but a what hifi award winner) and mission tower speakers that seriously thump. I am very happy with my HK system. As Crimguy I think says actually you'll always struggle in a car though I agree too that a mid and subwoofer control would have been a good idea. I do think the hk system provides the best stereo image I have ever had in the car-that central dash speaker seems to do it really well. Sadly I never listen to classical so cant comment. HOWEVER I listen to a vast variety of easy listening pop and rock, 80s stuff and from Simply REd to AC DC to Michael Jackson (Thriller recorded to cd from a turntable kicks out some serious bass) to Madonna and it never fails to make me smile; have to say it just edges the hk system of my r56 cooper s, and the next best my old mk2 mr2 which had an amp, subwoofer and 8 speakers as standard which was good but not quite as good as this! As you say, everyone is different but I am very pleased. It is very relative too. when we first had my wife's mini roadster s with the std system I was quite impressed-if I then get in my f56 with the hk system I can t believe how poor it sounds!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Brilliant, funny I was 50 this summer and the car was my present to myself (factory tour from my wife-amazing!) the 80s define me too but I do listen to a vast range-great to chat via this forum! Like minds etc ( or in my case, Simple!)
By the way this is the first car I've never had to adjust the balance on (fader and balance central bass turned up a few notches and from memory I think treble too but about one notch less than the bass-does it for me! You might be right-worth checking all the channels are working! The whole shebang is supposed to be governed by some computer algorithms according to the brochure!!!!! High way to **** sounds great to me! bit of ub 40 is fine but am afraid that's as far as my reggae really gets these days! J

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
You're very lucky you don't have the tpms Toronto. The abs monitored wheel speed system. Worked really well and we've now moved to a very pricey component that will need changing every 4-5 years here in the uk. Thanks eec!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
With my media xl shoopindy I tuned to the station I wanted pressed and held as on most other cars I've had and voila. Love the fact if you touch the button they show you what it is tuned to. Not fiddled with them as yet from this as apparently they can be used to call up other option s.

Hk system. Fiddle with the settings. Mine is bass 80% treble 60-70% and I love it.best ever in a car. And I love my music. House system is Yamaha amp mission floor standers and Sony es CD player. It comes close and on the drive my wife can hear it in the house!

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
Gosh quilter not much wonder lack bass. Am above treble I think. Cannot check easily at mo. Due to arm. Love monitor audio speakers yes it's a uk company and sound great.

·
Super Moderator
8,742 Posts
I 100% agree javert my settings are aboutthe same as yours, and I have noticed the reduction in bass when on the move LESS in this car than any I've ever had. However it Definitely does and has occurred in ALL my previous cars. You're the first person who like me has noticed this. Yeah !!

So SORRY quiller stupid predictive text drives me nuts on this kindle fire! Thanks 're the kind wishes.Very,frustrated with me lovely Cooper sat there waiting a thrash.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.