Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know what the BC control does, but who knows what the letters "BC" mean? I asked the delivery tech on my second date and he wryly said "British Computer." It's their little joke at the dealership. Not even a funny one.

What I took away, however, is that once again they couldn't answer a simple question, didn't know or care to know themselves. If these people weren't so complacent and bothered to learn the small details of the wonderful machines the sell, who knows, maybe they'd sell more.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We all know what the BC control does, but who knows what the letters "BC" mean? I asked the delivery tech on my second date and he wryly said "British Computer." It's their little joke at the dealership. Not even a funny one.

What I took away, however, is that once again they couldn't answer a simple question, didn't know or care to know themselves. If these people weren't so complacent and bothered to learn the small details of the wonderful machines the sell, who knows, maybe they'd sell more.
BC stands for board computer. I guess as is 'onboard computer'. Germans love efficiency. From the service manual or resetting the service light

"Pressing the BC (board computer) button repeatedly on the end of the turn signal stalk will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items."

Should I apply for a dealership job?:nerd:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I thought it was the Body Control unit.
On early r50 cars some had problems with water getting into the BC unit and causing electrical malfunctions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts