Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note you can set six preset functions - i.e. radio stations, minimalism, home address etc.

I'm meant to be taking delivery of the new MCS next week.
What do you think the six most useful preset combinations are (I only listen to one radio station)?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here are mine:

1: home phone
2: wife's cell
3: daughter's cell
4: Home address
5: local radio station
6: blue tooth audio (typically running Spotify)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sirius Radio presets....Fox (114) and BBC(118) - Oh, and 94 (Soccer/football).

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I'm with you uke mine are all set to radio stations. Not tried alternatives yet! Honestly don't know if I ever will !

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have two FM stations set. I tried setting AM stations and screwed everything up. I admit that I am baffled by the base radio.

Bad Software Engineer. Bad!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't have mine yet, but I plan on programming 2 Sat radio stations, 1st Wave and 80s on 8 (yes, the music I grew up with). Probably another for calling my wife's cell. Possibly one for the home address.

And on an unrelated note, Uke: I've never lived in AZ, but I used to camp out in Queen Creek for a week in February every year with a couple thousand of my closest friends. :) Just one of those "small world" things...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since I've recently picked up my new Mini I'm also thinking about what to program into those 6 buttons. There are some really good ideas in this thread.

Thinking about the ability to store addresses - is there a dedicated "home" function in the Navi somewhere? I ask because on my previous car, Honda Accord, there was a "Go home" button / voice command. You could protect it with a PIN. That way, if a thief manages to get your car keys & steals your car, they won't also automatically know where your home address is. I don't want to save my home address to an easy access button without password protection.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
And on an unrelated note, Uke: I've never lived in AZ, but I used to camp out in Queen Creek for a week in February every year with a couple thousand of my closest friends. :) Just one of those "small world" things...
And I grew up in Marin County. Listening to all of you Bay Area folk gives me reminiscent warm fuzzies. I wish I had Ridgecrest Blvd to toss my MCS around, for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For setting #6 to bluetooth. I went into the bluetooth connections, selected my iPhone and when it was displayed, I just clicked and held the #6 button until it remembered it. The Spotify integration is a bit flakey. Some times it will play the music from iTunes and some times Spotify. I haven't quite figured out the scenarios that cause one or the other yet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I find i have to start spotify on my phone manually otherwise it defaults to playing from the phone's memory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts