Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
i noticed you dont have the original air feed in position,does it work ok without it?
I took the picture right after installing the NM Module and just before I installed the stock air duct.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Thank you Harvey this seems like an inexpensive solution I even did not think of that one. I was ready to order this one. I think I will try yours 1st.:)

AIRVIP 4 : F55/F56 Mini Cooper 1.5L/2.0L Air Intake for 2014 + Models

AIRVIP 4: VCP is the first to bring out a cool air intake system for the new Mini's. The kit comes with a K&N high flow air filter. CNC machined intake tube , 304 stainless steel brackets, clamps and all hardware needed to let your Cooper breathe right. Laser cut and powder coated 6061 aluminum air box with removable top cover to access the filter for cleaning. The top cover keeps the cool air (which comes from the O.E.M. fresh air tube) trapped. Thus reducing intake temperatures. We also pull air in from the side of the drivers headlight (U.S. spec cars) All our parts are made from the highest quality materials. Complete unit finished in texture black. Don't settle for second best.

KIT INCLUDES

1. K&N WASHABLE AIR FILTER

2. BILLET CNC MACHINED MAF TUBE

3. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP AIRBOX

4. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP COVER

5. ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE

·
Registered
178 Posts
Having not go a before of intake temps I can't really help on that one but mine are a lot lower having the ducts behind the grill. Also as I use the original airbox base I still get a pretty direct flow
I'm still working on making mine a little bit more enclosed but it does a good job as it is.
Here is a picture of the duct. You can just about make out the aluminium behind. These are just the 1st set at the moment. Now have mounds being made so I can make them out of carbon.
Cheers
Harvey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks Harvey. The ducts are very similar to what people have been doing on BMWs. Been going to have a look at doing a set myself. Your ducts look good.

Also are you getting much induction noise while driving?

Yer that's where I got the idea from. Being on the bmw scene for a year or so.
I get good a good turbo spool noise and a really good turbo chatter when I lift.
For the cost of like £10 it's been well worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Thank you Harvey this seems like an inexpensive solution I even did not think of that one. I was ready to order this one. I think I will try yours 1st.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn6FlxI9g2w&feature=youtu.be

AIRVIP 4 : F55/F56 Mini Cooper 1.5L/2.0L Air Intake for 2014 + Models

AIRVIP 4: VCP is the first to bring out a cool air intake system for the new Mini's. The kit comes with a K&N high flow air filter. CNC machined intake tube , 304 stainless steel brackets, clamps and all hardware needed to let your Cooper breathe right. Laser cut and powder coated 6061 aluminum air box with removable top cover to access the filter for cleaning. The top cover keeps the cool air (which comes from the O.E.M. fresh air tube) trapped. Thus reducing intake temperatures. We also pull air in from the side of the drivers headlight (U.S. spec cars) All our parts are made from the highest quality materials. Complete unit finished in texture black. Don't settle for second best.

KIT INCLUDES

1. K&N WASHABLE AIR FILTER

2. BILLET CNC MACHINED MAF TUBE

3. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP AIRBOX

4. LASER CUT ALUMINUM TOP COVER

5. ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE
I really like the looks of this box, it appears to be a quality piece of work. Let us know what you do and the results. I am debating about this and if I want to part with the coins to get it. Value is the issue, but you generally get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.