Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that the passenger side of the optional armrest has a grill on it with a hole in the middle as if to accommodate a speaker. What could this be for?

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
That's where the knock-out gas is pumped from, at the passenger, if you specified the James Bond option package. In this option, the cabin temperature sensor underneath the AC buttons is used to detect if the passenger is a megalomaniac stroking a white cat, as otherwise the gas isn't released. The gas is used to avoid the expense of fitting a new panoramic sunroof, as that gets blown off if you use the ejector seat.

I mean, come on people, read the ****ing manual - this is all basic stuff.

·
Registered
966 Posts
That's where the knock-out gas is pumped from, at the passenger, if you specified the James Bond option package. In this option, the cabin temperature sensor underneath the AC buttons is used to detect if the passenger is a megalomaniac stroking a white cat, as otherwise the gas isn't released. The gas is used to avoid the expense of fitting a new panoramic sunroof, as that gets blown off if you use the ejector seat.

I mean, come on people, read the ****ing manual - this is all basic stuff.

What is this ****ing manual you speak of? Is that an option I missed, I think I just got a standard one. I say "I think..." because it's been out of the glovebox so I could access the fusebox, and I haven't actually opened it. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for answering the question and providing the humor. 007 lives!

I continue to be amazed at the level of details the engineers have thought of.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is it in the manual, I haven't read the manual because I am a man and real men don't read the manual unless the are totally stuck or they don't have a 5 year old to sort it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts