Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month into ownership, today I noticed this little black button in the climate control panel. Not sure if it's even a button? It's not labeled in the manual...

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you look at it really closely with your left eye, it will recognize your iris, so next time it's a way of starting your engine.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A month into ownership, today I noticed this little black button in the climate control panel. Not sure if it's even a button? It's not labeled in the manual...
I think it's a temperature sensor

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's for the Ejector Seat, if equipped with the Goldfinger Pack.
I'm glad you specified ejector seat, as the sound of a Goldfinger Pack sounds most unpleasant!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm glad you specified ejector seat, as the sound of a Goldfinger Pack sounds most unpleasant!
The worst part is the MINI guy is always hectoring you to "bring it back in one piece". And for some reason if you acquire any bimbos on the way they get coated in gold paint. It's really annoying.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think they spoilt the 'Goldfinger package' by not fitting machine guns behind the headlamps or offering revolving number plates.

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe it's a temperature sensor, I do not have the dual-zone climate control option in my mini and this "button" is not in mine.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you look at it really closely with your left eye, it will recognize your iris, so next time it's a way of starting your engine.
Although that is assuming that there is anything left of you left eye after you've poked it with the gear lever trying to line up your iris with the sensor......

Possibly they were originally going to have a navel sensor but then discovered that peoples' navels aren't unique?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its actually a sensor sensor. It makes sure all the other little sensors are happy and working hard for you
That is too funny!

I was flying (small airplane) with a pilot friend of mine. A very small light was flashing in the cockpit. I nervously asked what it was. His response was "No worries, its just a sensor indicator light". To this day I have no idea what that means and was too afraid to ask.

BTW, it was the last time I was in his plane. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts