Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a "Required Option" added on that is a $100 training fee. What is this for? Why should I have to pay it?

Annette

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a bit more research it is possible that this is the fee for setting up the key fob and other programmable stuff, like windows, locks, etc. Apparently they give you a list of options that can be programmed and then they take care of it before pick up.

In my previous 3 MINI orders this was done as part of getting the car. It strikes me as odd that they are charging for that. Kind of like asking me to pay a fee to install the wheels or something.

Annette

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty lame. I don't have any training fees... but the MG and I set the car up ourselves while the business office wrangled the paperwork. Of course, I didn't get charged for all the fancy extras they added to my car either.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The training fee is part of the dealer invoice and from what I understand, it's to help offset training costs for MINI USA. This was introduced in the last 6 months and doesn't affect the MSRP, but it is a part of the dealer's invoice cost so it can't be taken off, just like the destination charge.

It is NOT so they can program your keyfob - there's no need to do that on 2nd gen MINIs and newer, since the user can set everything themselves. On the first gen MINIs, settings had to be programmed at the dealer, so if you wanted to change how your doors locked/unlocked, lighting, DRLs, etc. it had to be done before delivery. Now we can change everything ourselves through the settings menu on the headunit.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Darn it I thought the Training Fee would teach my Basset Hound how to drive a manual Transmission Mini.:(:(
I have a Basset Hound too! She is 13 and still moves "slow"...kinda like me!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
We have/ had 2 Basset Hounds an English Hound by the Name of Casey he passed away about 2 Month ago at Age 11 his Stomach turned out of the blue we could not safe him.:crying:

and our 12 Year black/white French Hound Zebo is still around moving slow and sleeps too much just got the Results back and he got Cancer. :| Talking about a double whammy. I guess we all get older and start having them Problems like them Classic Cars.:|

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.