·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now it is black

now it is chrome

one more time chrome

black

Yes I am talking about the rings around the head/tail lights. I have been looking at tons of Mini,s over the last couple of days and I have seen several at dealers going half and half. Is there a new trend coming our way??:D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ha! If you hadn't mentioned it I may not have even noticed. That's very strange (i.e. "cheap"?). Just tell them you will buy it if they throw in a free install of black surrounds on the rear lights! That's a nicely presented MCS in my opinion (except for the chrome rear light trim issue).

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Interesting. Back before I ordered my S from MOT, the MINI guy found an S on the ship that matched my spec, only was Pepper White. I could not handle that color so I ended up ordering a VO.

What was interesting was that the car on the ship had the blackline rings in front, but not in back. I was kind of "wtf?" over that, and specced my S the same way out of curiosity. I figured once I got it i would see how it looked and add the blackline rings to the back if it was too dorky.

Well, dorky it was. Once the car arrived, it took me about 30 seconds to buy the blackline rings for the rear.

But I fund it interesting that people actually spec that. What's up with that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.