Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Great Forum.
After months of waiting just had confirmed that my 5 door MCSD auto will be ready for collection Friday 14th, has anyone tried the Sd, is it any good, hardly any reviews online to check it out.
I only tried the cooper before I ordered this one and thought that was amazing, just hoping I have made the right decision.
All good feedback will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,I've driven the 3dr MCSD and I thought it drove really well and just as much fun as the petrol S,but with far superior fuel economy;),so much so that we have ordered the 5 door in auto just like you.:)

What spec have you ordered with yours.????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dinger,

I have ordered,

Pepper white, black roof, chrome mirrors,
Auto,
Roof Rails,
Roulette wheels,
Chilli,
Heated seats,
Visual boost,
Dark Truffle leather and colour line,
Cottonwood dash,
Probably other bits been so long, but hoping it is going to live up to my expectations, Trading in a 2013 X1 which I am getting a fantastic price for, hence the need for the roof rails as this is our only car,
Did you try and SD with sport Auto box? is it good, the 8 speed in the BMW is superb.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The auto box currently in the mini is the 6 speed theyve been using for a good few years, but with updated control software. Its excellent in the petrol S and the SD gets the same sport auto mode option. The revised 8 speed will be coming into the mini later next year but its worth remembering the new genenration of 8 speed autos are all about fuel efficiency, not drivability. My concern would be that an 8 speed would be constantly shifting and consequently feel unsettled. The 6 speed does a great job of holding onto te revs when you ask it to

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the 8 speed in my X1 is always changing gear unless in sport mode when you seem to have more control over when it changes, I thought a 6 speed would be more suited to the mini, guess I will find out next week!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Dinger,

I have ordered,

Pepper white, black roof, chrome mirrors,
Auto,
Roof Rails,
Roulette wheels,
Chilli,
Heated seats,
Visual boost,
Dark Truffle leather and colour line,
Cottonwood dash,
Probably other bits been so long, but hoping it is going to live up to my expectations, Trading in a 2013 X1 which I am getting a fantastic price for, hence the need for the roof rails as this is our only car,
Did you try and SD with sport Auto box? is it good, the 8 speed in the BMW is superb.
Nice spec,no the MSCD I tried was a manual version and from what I have been told the auto box makes it marginally quicker and slightly better on MPG.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts