Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

Just wondering what to expect when I pick my new car up in September? I know it'll be different for all the dealers, but do they do anything special? I don't fancy just turning up and my new car to be parked outside in the dealership. I've also seen that some dealerships send you videos of your car just after it arrives at the showroom which sounds great!

Many thanks!

Midnight Black

·
Registered
184 Posts
My dealer uses a cover, and unveils it, in the showroom. Then the car is taken outside and you are photographed with the car, and put on their Facebook page.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Since I told the dealer not to wash the car at all, mine was parked outside the showroom. I'm not really one for a big show.

I did though get a bag with some mini merchandise items and sincere thanks from the manager for my repeat business.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As you say, every dealer is different. With some of the experiences on here, I expect that those people may have been the first to take delivery, so maybe more of a fuss would have been made? And if you are a September 1 collection, there will likely be lots of activity that week, due to the reg change.
Mine was still being prepped elsewhere when I arrived, and then parked outside waiting for me once the paperwork was completed. My mini salesperson then spent about 40 minutes going through all the functions etc. I got a compimentary 1 litre of engine oil, which I thought was standard for all, until a few on here advised otherwise. Make sure you get your boot cover, which was tightly wrapped in a plastic bag...I had no idea what it was until I opened it up...

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealer puts a giant red bow across the windshield, presents a huge bunch of flowers and a personalised certificate on a pedestal. The paint protection company sends out a 10l bucket of cleaning products ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
mine was parked round the back :'( maybe they were deliberately trying to hide the wrong wheels!!

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
890 Posts
As you say, every dealer is different. With some of the experiences on here, I expect that those people may have been the first to take delivery, so maybe more of a fuss would have been made? And if you are a September 1 collection, there will likely be lots of activity that week, due to the reg change.
Mine was still being prepped elsewhere when I arrived, and then parked outside waiting for me once the paperwork was completed. My mini salesperson then spent about 40 minutes going through all the functions etc. I got a compimentary 1 litre of engine oil, which I thought was standard for all, until a few on here advised otherwise. Make sure you get your boot cover, which was tightly wrapped in a plastic bag...I had no idea what it was until I opened it up...
What is the "boot cover" Mark, I don't think I have come across one of those in my bits and pieces?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Boot cover probably wasn't the best description! I meant the black elasticated cover that fits inside the rear luggage compartment: it looks the same as the one you will find on the inside edge of the passenger foot well, for storage, but it's a lot bigger.
It can either be fitted over whatever you have in the boot storage, to stop it moving, or it clips neatly to the underside of the cover which divides the two boot compartments, so that you can store stuff, when this cover is in the upright position, and you are using the deeper boot section.
I guess it might have been part of the 'Storage Compartment Pack' that comes with Chilli?
Did anyone else get this?

·
Registered
998 Posts
yes i got the elasticated netting, not sure if its part of the storage pack or not.

Many dealers have a special area where the car is parked for handover. most will include some form of gift; mine was a bottle of wine & box of chocs, others have had anything from oil to bulldog teddies. dont expect to be shown every single last feature, there are way too may to remember & part of the fun is discovering them later anyway. they should be able to checklist all of your included options however. do make sure you give the car a good look over inside and out and don't be afraid to point out or ask about anything you are unsure of.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've ordered mine through the Sytner Group, and have seen on their Facebook page when they get a customers car in, they update their cover photo with the car and a message like 'Chris, say hi to your new Mini' or something like that.

I expect champagne and showgirls as a minimum.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine came with a big black bow on top - see my garage pics - and was in the showroom ready to be driven out of it literally through the side!

Apparently if you're a girl you get a pink bow.

And yes they let me keep the bow!

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
I was very impressed . I had a video tour of n my new car sent on Friday arrived Sat and it was in a special bay to drive out. Very very special and the car is fab though my key cover on the door handle fell off last night. Bit of so silcons as its a bit loose!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was very impressed . I had a video tour of n my new car sent on Friday arrived Sat and it was in a special bay to drive out. Very very special and the car is fab though my key cover on the door handle fell off last night. Bit of so silcons as its a bit loose!

Sounds good jeremybingham. I'm hoping for a video tour as well hopefully as a bit of a tease but don't think my dealer do them :( guess I'll find out in 2 weeks time. Sorry to hear about your key cover... hope you managed to fix it :)

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Sports bag was a nice touch . Yes key cover seems ok just put a blob of silicon on it to hold it firmer. Dealer rang today to see if I was happy with the car and the sales service etc. I was 100 % and am. Mentioned the cover though and he was horrified and wanted me to bring it in. Not worth the 80 mile round trip but will show him if passing. I'm pretty impressed with sytner Nottingham I have to say. They are wonderful. As is the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Picked my car up today. It was parked in the customer car park nicely prepared apart from one small issue - My personal number plate was on the car only they had got one of the 5 characters wrong and the sales lady hadn't noticed -whoops!
Slight delay while a new set of number plates were made up and fitted.
Glad I noticed as now the DVLA allow the car to be driven for 14 days without a tax disc.
(strange really as it won't need one at all in 3 weeks....)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I might have to take a box of chocolates down to my dealer to say thanks for putting up with all my last minute changes! If I get the keys from the dealer I'll consider it a success!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts