Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at both the JCW Pro Tuning Kit and the JCW Sports Brake Upgrade Kit. I can only afford to get one done at the moment, so to those who have these fitted which would you recommend first?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just been quoted £2482 for tuning kit with Carbon tips I was expecting about £2100 max. Anyone had this fitted and got a price they could share?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
On the Mini UK web site under the Accessories - John Cooper Works Kit accessories it reflects JCW Pro Tuning Kit & Exhaust including Tailpipe Finisher in Carbon Fibre - £1,800!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks just sent the stealer a mail pointing out the price on the website. Let's see if they come down otherwise will be going somewhere that will!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I may not be able to upgrade the brakes due to the 17" Cosmos Wheels I have. The dealer is still checking as some 17" wheels you are unable to upgrade with the brake kit. Certainly not going to also change wheels!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at the JCW tuning kit the dealer has now come back with £1620 fitted for Chrome ends and £1800 for Carbon ends I'm thinking chrome ends as they actually look good

·
Registered
137 Posts
As mentioned elsewhere I'm considering the tuning kit and once I know how long it is likely to delay delivery, due to pick up this Friday, I will make a decision. I will also be going for the chrome tips as the car won't have any other carbon fibre effect trim etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been advised that they are due 1st week of July in Germany and dealership should get one if ordered around 10th July. £1620 is the best price as this is on offer by Mini with normal retail being about £2200. Apparently the offer runs until end September.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The dealer I'm getting the car from has a kit in stock at the offer price of £1620, I'm just waiting to see if they can fit before Friday. By all accounts it doesn't take long to fit the exhaust and update the ecu etc, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You should be so lucky

Specc'd exhaust for my JCW when ordered on 2 May.

Got car 11 June. Still waiting on exhaust:(

I know there are a few kicking around various dealers but don't seem able to transfer (maybe because I arranged £300 off after chasing Mini UK)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been told this afternoon that kit will be fitted prior to collection this Friday evening. Only problem is that they don't have the chrome tips which are on back order, so they will have to fitted once in stock. No problem as far as I'm concerned I would rather have the car now than wait. Getting very excited and got a splitting headache :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts