Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car came with the storage package, so I have the netting that fits under the hideaway lid in the trunk, but I don't know whether or not there's supposed to be something that I can use alongside the attached hooks in the boot.

Are they just for using bungie cables? Am I missing something from the dealership? What do you guys use them for? Any insights welcomed!

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
My car came with the storage package, so I have the netting that fits under the hideaway lid in the trunk, but I don't know whether or not there's supposed to be something that I can use alongside the attached hooks in the boot.

Are they just for using bungie cables? Am I missing something from the dealership? What do you guys use them for? Any insights welcomed!

Had them on another of my cars (think it was the superb) and they were for bungie cables as you've already guessed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
MINI do a cargo net with plastic hooks which clip into these metal rings.

I found one lying around from my old R55 Clubman and its a perfect fit!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I use it for attaching a pet chain/lead to on the occasion (now very rare) that our dog travels in the car.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I took/stole the net from my wife's Subaru Outback. The net fits just great in my Mini, and does use those ring thingies.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oooops there's someone trying to escape.

I took/stole the net from my wife's Subaru Outback, It fitted the Mini just right. I also bought 3 plastic boxes from Home Depot for storage. (Less than $5 each). Plus a tray from PepBoys (20.00) See the pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
@mininoober,

I'm sure you can use them for anything, but the storage package doesn't come with straps for those hooks. The MINI accessory section shows straps that use those hooks (which I purchased from Sewell).

Here's a link to an entry I made in another thread.

They are extremely helpful, but a bit pricey.

I haven't seen a cargo net that fits those hooks, but that would be cool.

JP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts