Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take delivery of my Cooper on the 19th Feb, it has the Media Pack XL.. I'd just like to know if I'll be able to play all my music from my 3rd Gen ipod touch running iOS 5.1.1? Will I be able to use the dock in the Armrest?

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can play music from your Ipod through Bluetooth, no cable required. Don't know about iOS 5, we are on iOS 8 now, seems a bit old now.
No you can't use the dock in the arm rest unless you buy the snap in connector for your device.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Bluetooth audio will work as will plugging it in directly using the Apple USB cable.

iOS 5.1.1? Time to update dude! ;) If anything, you'll get better compatibility - Media XL was made to work with iOS 7+.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Also, there is no snap in adapter for the iPod touch...I think they are overpriced for what they do anyway ($200-250).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, there is no snap in adapter for the iPod touch...I think they are overpriced for what they do anyway ($200-250).
I agree, but I bought it anyway. I also transferred over my music to the hard drive. If you ask me, this is the best way to do it. Music is available immediately and does not drain your device like streaming over bluetooth. Just be gentle plugging in to the USB port. I bent the internals on mine as have others. It's an easy fix, but costs $50.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.. will make sure I've my USB connector when I pick her up, then see how I go on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts