Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, hopefully someone can sort this out for me once and for all.

Stupidly (maybe?) I didn't spec Nav on my MINI, the main reason being I've had built in Navigation in cars before and it's always been below average. I like to use Waze, etc.

Because of this I'd like to get a good phone mount, my issues are:

1. I have an iPhone 7 Plus
  2. My partner has an iPhone 6
  3. I don't want to destroy the interior by glueing things to the dashboard (unless it's guaranteed to come off without leaving a mark)
  4. I don't want to sick something to my windscreen
  5. Lohen (the UK stockist of the FlexPod) don't stock the XXL one that works with my phone AND my girlfriend's
  6. Postage to buy the FlexPod from Cravenspeed directly is crazy high (then I'll get stuck with import duty too!)
  7. MINI make the Click & Drive system, but they don't make an adapter to fit my phone

I've tried the Exogear Exomount, some people have had luck sticking this to the dashboard, it just doesn't work for me and keeps falling off. This might be because my iPhone 7 Plus is too heavy. It 100% needs to work for both our phones as we both drive the car.

The solution has to keep either of our phones in our eyeline and also be easy to remove the phone, the mount can stay attached as long as it's not on the windscreen.

Also, why are Cravenspeed's shipping costs so high? I post a lot of things to the US and it doesn't cost $61.09 to send something that weighs as little as a FlexPod does!

What do I do?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been through the same round, and agree with your findings.
I did find a US shop that sold the Cravenspeed units and had a 'sensible' shipping cost, but as the C/s one wasn't quite what I wanted and some reviewers had vibration issues it was still too high for me.

I've now got a RAM system, but it's stuck to the top of the dash with license plate tape (with a bespoke adapter plate). I expect it to come off OK (I've done similar before) but that's a problem for a few years time and I might sell the car with the mount still in it anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The shipping costs are truly insane, why in the **** would I pay $61.09 shipping on a $75 item?!

I'd also like to add that if the Navigation included Apple CarPlay I would told them to shutup and take my money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought 3 of those they also come in black or gold and madness ships worldwide. The are holding up great. I use one in my Semi and so far no problems. The phone does not move or the holder does not falls off and yes the sticky tape can be removed without leaving any marks.

http://shop.500madness.com/fiat-124...rtphone-mount-by-madness-black-chrome-pid4453
Have you actually managed to remove one from a MINI without leaving a mark? Where in the cabin did you place it?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Yes I did I had it on the right side by the steering wheel did not like it there and set it on the middle consul. Now there is always a chance if it sits in the same place say for two years that you might have a mark. Nothing in Life is perfect.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts