Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what you guys are all listening to in your car. What was the last song you listened to?

The last song I had on was Arctic Monkeys-Flourescent adolescent

Reactions: Escho83

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I normally listen to podcasts, but the car found 3 songs that I had stashed away on my iPod, so I looped them driving home from the dealer:

1) Driver by Burning Spear, live version.
2) Limu, by Watcha Clan
3) Adventures Of Cutman, by Skeewiff

The sound quality is good enough and the car interior so quiet that I think I'll be loading more music on the iPod. Also, I stream Spotify, which is great.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Driving to work, it's podcasts - BBC Global News, then Radio 4 stuff - In Our Time, Thinking Allowed, Moral Maze... On the trip home, it's music - usually on shuffle, but yesterday Thin Lizzy's Live & Dangerous, full album, followed by Zeppelin, Song Remains The Same... both sounded great. Today I had Ken Bruce on Radio 2 via TuneIn app. So many possibilities!

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
I'm a confirmed ac dc fan at the monment, but circulate between Michael Jackson thriller and Madonna plus blasts of 80_90s Duran Duran and the cure. Kc and the sunshine band etc

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Love Burning Spear, Uke. Good call.

I've been stuck in reggae mode these past five years. With the exception of holiday tunes, I currently shuffle my 2,013 song reggae collection. These cars scream an irie vibe (especially the VO--hehe)! :)

JP

·
Registered
998 Posts
I generally have my 10,000+ track ipod on shuffle so i literally never know what's going to be on next, from 60s r&b, tons of northern soul, 70s cheesy pop, plenty of 80s & 90s, through to today. One thing that never features however is any act linked to the x factor

·
Registered
90 Posts
Generally Radio 2 on the way to work, Parkway Drive on the way home.

But I've pretty much filled the built-in hard drive, and anything that's not on there I stream over Bluetooth from Spotify.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Anything on my usb. The stranglers and solo work by Hugh Cornwell, Mike oldfield, devo, magazine, pink floyd, eminen, captain Beefheart, elvis Costello and many others.

My favourite album of all time is The Raven by the Stranglers, it gets a regular airing in my car.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Various genres for me, mainly old funk, hip hop, grime, jungle, D&B etc but the last thing I played in the car today was my old school hip hop playlist...

Planet rock - afrika bambatta
Hip hop bee bop (remix version) - Man Parish
Jam on it - Newcleus
Jam on Revenge (wiki wiki) - Newcleus
(A few other tracks on this list but I didn't get to them)

..... And I was wearing box fresh shell toes :0)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Come up and see me, by Cockney Rebel, Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple and All Right Now by Bad Company tend to always feature in my preferred selection.
Man! Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel! Love that song and in this country NO BODY knows this band. Pity really, I wonder if Harley is still performing?

My last three songs (on shuffle); Jamiroquai - Revolution 1993, The Clash - Lost in the Supermarket, The Tragically Hip - At The Hundredth Meridian. I have lots of variety on my iPhone, what I listen to depends on my mood.

Oost

·
Registered
90 Posts
A friend of mine can play & sing Alive by Pearl Jam. Fantastic in his living room. So recently, that whole Ten CD.

My little boy loves Danger Danger by Electric Six. We always have that one. He also likes Combine Harvester, too.

In car on my own, I like Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Suede. My absolute favourite is a lesser known American band called Puddle of Mudd.

I love the whole USB memory stick thing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts