Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were sitting in stop and go traffic yesterday. My husband was driving and had switched into green mode since we weren't going anywhere anytime soon. He reached down to adjust the floor mat and as he did so the car suddenly jumped directly from green mode to sport mode. Anyone have any ideas as to what could have caused it? I was watching and he definitely did not touch the mode selector ring at all. I'm starting to think my car is like vegbiker's Hal and is doing things on his own!

·
Registered
216 Posts
The Mini Empire expects we owners to not notice these periodic anomalies, so as not to bring attention to their long-range plan of global domination. We are pawns in their game. Is it really a coincidence that Minis are built by other AIs? Do you think the disco ring is a just a pretty ornament? Or is it a hynotic device implanting subconscious suggestions? Could they have already gotten to your husband...?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Mini Empire expects we owners to not notice these periodic anomalies, so as not to bring attention to their long-range plan of global domination. We are pawns in their game. Is it really a coincidence that Minis are built by other AIs? Do you think the disco ring is a just a pretty ornament? Or is it a hynotic device implanting subconscious suggestions? Could they have already gotten to your husband...?
You know far to much at this point

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It certainly adds to the sense of adventure when you don't know what's going to happen next! My floor mats are moulded Weathertech mats. I was trying to figure out what it could have hit to make the switch but I've got nothing. I suspect the car hates green mode as much as I do and it was his form of protest. I bow to his superior intellect.

P.S. It's been nice talking with you Vegbiker, as I assume you will quietly be "disappeared" for exposing so much of the plan!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
It is your punishment for having non-mini accessories. I am afraid to refill my windshield washer bottle until I can get Mini branded fluid.
If you use non-Mini liquid the nozzles will weep tears of sadness in the Summer...

... or maybe they'll just do that anyway :/
Not true. I had that very same problem. The dealer installed two 38 cent check valves in the washer fluid hoses. Call them ahead. I will post pics if need be. Let me know:nerd:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have had to resort to carrying a squirt bottle of Windex today. Does anyone know if Mini sells air in case my tires need topping up? I suppose I could suck exhaust from the tailpipe and blow it into the tire.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if we might all be just a little bit nuts. Entertaining as heck, but nuts!
I think we are, as a group, a bit bonkers. When I wax enthusiastic for my car people stare at me like I'm describing my favorite kid or something. They say "But there's no room in the back". I say "It handles great". They say "It's goofy looking". I say "It's cute as little baby kittens". "It's too expensive", they complain. "It's a great car for the money," I counter.

We understand. Those others just have not been enlightened yet.

Dang, now I sound like a cult member. Uh oh.

·
Registered
107 Posts
"There's no room in the back".

"Did I ask you to get in....?"

They don't understand do they? They just don't get it. If I needed to carry two in the back, in comfort, PLUS their luggage, wouldn't have bought a MINI hatch.

It's like if I bought a motorbike and someone said "It's only got two wheels".

Derek

1 - 13 of 13 Posts