Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an F56 Midnight Black and it comes with 16" silver spoke, I would like to change the color by painting them with Plasti dip, which color you think would be better. Black, white or leave it OEM? I'll appreciate your comments.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Black, definitely ,am not keen on white wheels but of course this is very personal . But plasticote? Think you're better doing it properly!I really wouldn't risk plasticote

·
Registered
75 Posts
Personally I think the chrome looks pretty nice on there.

Im not a fan of white wheels personally but then again its not my car :)

If it were me in the same boat I would consider wheel design rather than color and maybe go for a more intricate pattern.

Whatever you do though its a sweet looking car, congrats.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
If you go on www.mytyres.co.uk and click on alloy wheels they show you a vo mini and you can play around with a variety of aftermarket alloys. I like mini ones though as a rule

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ohhhhhh there are some real nice ones on there!

I like these alot, not too much black but a nice mix

May consider for a Happy Birthday Me present lol

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Yes you could spend some cash. They're great to order from too. I was very impressed.got dezent graphite as my winter tyres.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Ohhhhhh there are some real nice ones on there!

I like these alot, not too much black but a nice mix

May consider for a Happy Birthday Me present lol
Wow they are tasty. They've added quite a few new ones to the range since I bought mine.some really nice designs there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Errr...*Cough"...Pat Back Tracks....

Just seen how much a set would cost! I think the Chief would think £1000 is a bit more than a Birthday Present lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for your comments. I'll try on black and post some photos when done. Certainly would be great to change design, but its a bit expensive. And here in Mexico its not necessary to change tires and wheels on winter because it doesn't snow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Black wheels, Cesarpand! Definitely black! A lot of people like the 17" black cosmos rims. They look great, undoubtedly, but I think the 16" black victory spokes look just as good, and are quite a bit cheaper too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its with plasti dip. I didn't want to have them paint because I didn't know if was going to look good. So now I'll wait until it last and then to paint them definitely with black color.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Brilliant. They look really good. Let us know how it wears!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts