Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Those of you living in southern states, please disregard-- you lucky people. Living in Canada, we get pretty harsh winters, and they aren't afraid to damage vehicles to ensure that the roads are safe. To combat the effects of salt and sand on the paint and car overall over the winter, do you have any suggestions in terms of wax/products to apply? I haven't yet waxed my car, as I've only had it for four months so far. I also just purchased a set of 16" Victory spokes on which I will be putting winter tires. I know that the salt will eat away at the wheels too, so any ideas to protect these as well?

I appreciate your comments!

WSMC

· Registered
75 Posts
When ever I get a new car I do a complete detail within a week or two. I clay bar it, seal it and wax it. Then right before winter I will do another coat of wax. For wheels I would recommend plastidip. Take the wheel off and completely dip the wheels, inside the barrel of the wheel as well. This allows you to do a fun color, black, or even just do a clear coat of dip. It's easy enough to do and should take just under 4 cans of dip to fully cover the wheels. Make sure the wheel is 100% clean and dry before you do it. Then when spring comes just peel it off to reveal a clean wheel.

· Registered
495 Posts
Winter tyers go on steel rims.

Summer driving stay on alloy.

No fuss, no muss.

Easy Peasy.

Nothing to worry about and your summer tyers
will last much longer and alloy rims will thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.