Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, been looking to pick up my new (to me) cooper s f56, thunder grey with just about every extra in town.
traded in a large 4x4 so was apprehensive. Picked it up yesterday and was supposed to go to work as soon as I picked it up, but as soon as I started driving it, I couldn't stop !
Ended up doing 300 miles grinning ear to ear and totally blanking work.
I know its said a lot (especially as when you by a car, you have some bias) but I really am stunned by what a laugh this car is.
After driving it nearly all day, I even went out for a second round at 11pm as I could not resist. I also have a bmw r nine t (motorcycle) and the mini reminded me of that in terms of grinning when riding / driving.
Pure driving fun
So anyway I let my mrs take it out today. Gave the big speech about low profile tyres / kerbed wheels etc
An hour later, shes back ... with 2 kerbed wheels !!!! One of them with a big ding in it
GUTTED !
So what are my options? Are they easy to get repaired (UK)?
For info, they are black wheels

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Alloy wheels are the easiest to repair....as for black paint I'd think any good shop could match black! lol! Seriously, matching silver can be challenging!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
BMW r 90 t love it. Kerbed wheels not so much. If they're silver or black any smart repairer. Mini did my r series for £50. If they're diamond turned nightmare. We posted ours no sorry they sent a courier to prestige wheels in Birmingham. Totally brilliant!£130.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ask the local dealer if they have a place they use and then contact them directly to see how much they would be or you may find they use their own body shop place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts