Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a F56 S with standard suspension etc, running cosmos 17” black wheels
i really want these wheels Sparco podios but the size choices are really doing my head in

i really want the 18” but it’s either ET35 or or ET48 ! From What I have gleamed so far from reading miles of posts on the other forum over the pond is 18” x 8 ET45 5x112 seems to be the max for the F56 without spacers or problems rubbing, the other problem is I don’t really want 18” wheels if by limited choice end up with slimmer wheels and less rubber on the ground, so would I be better getting these 17” x 7.5 ET45 and fitting a wider tyre than 205/45/17 currently fitted on my mini

if anyone has these wheels and can help or just any good advice would be great
Black Darkness Light Circle Brown
Black Darkness Light Circle Brown

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great looking wheels, thinking of getting them myself at a later date. I have 215/45-r17 on my original wheels and can recommend Michelin Cross Climate. As well as top performance they have a squarish profile showing the extra width really well. If you go the Mini Rock website THE MINI ROCKS click on the F56 JCW and chose your wheels from there. Any wheel there can take JCW brakes underneath so you are future proofing your choice for further upgrades. Happy to say the Podio's are in that group.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Mini Mini cooper

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking wheels, thinking of getting them myself at a later date. I have 215/45-r17 on my original wheels and can recommend Michelin Cross Climate. As well as top performance they have a squarish profile showing the extra width really well. If you go the Mini Rock website THE MINI ROCKS click on the F56 JCW and chose your wheels from there. Any wheel there can take JCW brakes underneath so you are future proofing your choice for further upgrades. Happy to say the Podio's are in that group.
View attachment 70035
thanks for the advice, appreciate the insight re michelins, im a goodyear kinda guy myself :)....... i did see that site earlier in the week, but hadnt realised it was JCW caliper friendly so good to know

im also looking at the sparco assetto gara as they are a 1kg lighter !

·
Registered
4 Posts
that is the lowest profile Tyre I have ever seen

·
Registered
4 Posts
LOOKS AWESOME!!! Any clearance issues? I am going to mount the same wheel as you but in Bronze to my MINI. Last question being as to the tire size you are running. Is it a 205 or 215 and assumably a 40 series?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOOKS AWESOME!!! Any clearance issues? I am going to mount the same wheel as you but in Bronze to my MINI. Last question being as to the tire size you are running. Is it a 205 or 215 and assumably a 40 series?
hi and thanks, no clearance issues what’s so ever but my mini is not lowered, ha ha not even close with tyre size, :) i went with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 225/40 R18 Y (92), Reinforced,

they wrap thr wheel nicely and were over £100 cheaper than the same make in 17 inch wheels,

your gonna love them, but I hope your not a curb hugger!! the spokes are quite exposed 😬😬😬😬

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much! Curb hugger I am not. Lol. I had 215/40/18's mounted to them and I think when I put in the springs, I am also going to switch out the dampeners to B8 Bilstein units to maintain some suspension travel and ride quality. The 18's look awesome on your car and to me, are the correct fitment. I'll keep you posted but are shooting to have it together in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you so much! Curb hugger I am not. Lol. I had 215/40/18's mounted to them and I think when I put in the springs, I am also going to switch out the dampeners to B8 Bilstein units to maintain some suspension travel and ride quality. The 18's look awesome on your car and to me, are the correct fitment. I'll keep you posted but are shooting to have it together in 2-3 weeks.
do keep us updated
be interested to see how they look, can’t bring it to memory but there’s a website that lists all the wheels and they’re fitments for the cooper S and the JCW with pictures , that’s where I got the correct specs from

edit that
this place as posted above

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same, not lowered, so since you're running 225's, if I put 205's or 215's on 18x8 I assume then it will be 'perfect'? Is there some dimension to check if the spokes will fit over the calipers or does this just depend on the design?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same, not lowered, so since you're running 225's, if I put 205's or 215's on 18x8 I assume then it will be 'perfect'? Is there some dimension to check if the spokes will fit over the calipers or does this just depend on the design?
i bought mine from lohen mini in the uk , and they stated my wheels fit with the callipers but I found my wheels on here

from what I can gleem all the wheels listed should fit on the selected car , any other wheel would need checking

1 - 20 of 26 Posts