·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
2015 F56 MCS
10 Posts
hi and thanks, no clearance issues what’s so ever but my mini is not lowered, ha ha not even close with tyre size, :) i went with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 225/40 R18 Y (92), Reinforced,

they wrap thr wheel nicely and were over £100 cheaper than the same make in 17 inch wheels,

your gonna love them, but I hope your not a curb hugger!! the spokes are quite exposed 😬😬😬😬
Really nice reading! I have been wondering like crazy if a Goodyear 225/40 would fit the car on a 18x8 ET45 wheel. Seems like you are proving it works. Although I was planning on running Eagle F1 Supersports, but the profile might not be that different to the Asymmetric. I run a MCS with standard suspension, so would assume room is the same for me than for your JCW.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Really nice reading! I have been wondering like crazy if a Goodyear 225/40 would fit the car on a 18x8 ET45 wheel. Seems like you are proving it works. Although I was planning on running Eagle F1 Supersports, but the profile might not be that different to the Asymmetric. I run a MCS with standard suspension, so would assume room is the same for me than for your JCW.
Mines an MCS, just wanted the grille with red stripe, have a black jcw badge to replace that one, but have spotlights now so not that noticeable, not that i care, i see jcw similar to MTEC for BMW’s its just branding,

anyway you’ll be fine, the only reason i didn’t go super sports is they will wear a little quicker than assyemtric 5’s but they stop a little better in the dry, were the 5’s are better in the wet,

·
Registered
2015 F56 MCS
10 Posts
Mines an MCS, just wanted the grille with red stripe, have a black jcw badge to replace that one, but have spotlights now so not that noticeable, not that i care, i see jcw similar to MTEC for BMW’s its just branding,

anyway you’ll be fine, the only reason i didn’t go super sports is they will wear a little quicker than assyemtric 5’s but they stop a little better in the dry, were the 5’s are better in the wet,
Even better 👍 Thanks a lot for clearing that out.
I want the most high performance tire possible which is why I am looking at supersports, but sure the asymmetric seems to be a great tire too - no doubt about that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@MaDMaX** massive thanks for your detailed pics and explanation. I'm looking for some new wheels for my F57 JCW and I was looking at more mesh style wheels, every make I looked at seemed to have to need spacers. I've been chatting to Jason at Performance Alloys who has been really helpful despite my billions of questions. I had decided against the Sparco Trofeo 5's type styles until I came across your post and your pics which show them off so amazingly well and fitted to your car they look absolutley fab, so much so that I'm going for these, so big thanks for helping me make that decision. My other major factor was I didnt want spacers and I love the idea that when I come to change my tyres I can change fo 225's which seem to be much cheaper than 205s - Runflats. I'm a couple of months away as got a lot on at work and home and need to save some pennies, will upload pics when done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@MaDMaX** massive thanks for your detailed pics and explanation. I'm looking for some new wheels for my F57 JCW and I was looking at more mesh style wheels, every make I looked at seemed to have to need spacers. I've been chatting to Jason at Performance Alloys who has been really helpful despite my billions of questions. I had decided against the Sparco Trofeo 5's type styles until I came across your post and your pics whihc show them off so amazingly well and fitted to your car they look absolutley fab, so much so that I'm going for these, so big thanks for helping me make that decision. My other major factor was I didnt want spacers and I love the idea that when I come to change my tyres I can fo 225's which seem to be much cheaper than 205s - Runflats. I'm a couple of months away as got a lot on at work and home and need to save some pennies, will upload pics when done.
No Worries Glad to help :) Still loving mine, they put a smile on my face every time i go to my car, my only other advice is make sure you find a good tyre fitter as they are a bitch for fitting the tyres due to the spokes , my guy did a great job, but he came out to fix a puncture in the night and was so dark he did accidentally caught 2 spokes, its only minor, and a touch up pen should sort them out, but just a warning,

enjoy :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts