Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Awesome GTI in the UK are NM retailer.

I did read somewhere that they were unwilling to supply the NM module though as there was fear that US spec B48 F56's are different to EU spec so didn't want responsibility... I would check with them if the information I read is correct though.

Failing that you can always just import the module direct from NM

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was the one who contacted Awesome GTi about NM modules - here's their response:

Hi Rachel,

We looked into one of these for someone a few months back and weren’t confident with our findings.
Basically the European and North American ECU’s use different emissions controls and as a result the factory mapping of the stock ECU will be slightly different as well as possible hardware differences.

Because of this, we aren’t willing to put our customers at risk by selling them a tuning module which has not been tested and approved on EU Emissions control vehicles.

We’re more than happy to provide any other nm-Engineering hardware component. Just not the tuning modules.

Sorry about that.
Regards,
AwesomeRed
Al Brown

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting reading about the US spec cars being different and that the NM module might not be suitable for UK cars etc

Isn't the JB4 a US spec part too? Or do they do a specific part number for UK cars?

·
Registered
615 Posts
No JB4 is generic for US and EU spec cars...

I suspect the NM will have no problems either but Awesome GTI probably just want to cover themselves in the event of possible problems (which you can get with any third party tuning any how)...

I guess you can always contact NM Engineering in US to ask if they NM module will work on EU spec cars which I suspect they may have already sold to customers in EU? I have heard they are very good with support for their products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.