Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 2011 Mini Cooper base and wanted to switch out the side mirror plastic covers but don't know which model I have. Something about auto vs. manual but don't know what that means. I can adjust the mirrors from inside the car and can fold them back with a turn of a knob but that's not automatic.

VIN: WMWSU3C54BT182595

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
106 Posts
Powerfold mirrors have a motor that will rotate the entire mirror (housing and glass) inward toward the window as a complete unit. Some models/trims have this function as an automatic feature when locking/unlocking the car (or, it can be coded, if properly equipped). There should be a separate button independent of the mirror-only adjustment controls to activate the mirrors. Here's how the 'automatic' function works on my car:

I agree with pilotwoo that you should check the option list on bimmer.work before ordering any parts. The two types of mirror covers look identical but there are differences.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You might have better luck at a forum for 2nd gen minis as this one is specific to third gen. I tried pulling your VIN but the site won't work right this second but as mentioned, check to see if you have the folding mirrors or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts