Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking matrix lights,comfort pack,Harmon Kardon,Sunroof
please let me know which options you can’t live without and regret

·
Registered
434 Posts
I guess it depends how cold it gets where you are, for me heated seats and heated windscreen are a great benefit. I also find the HUD is a good addition as you get to see nav data in front of you as well as incoming phone call info and other useful stuff.

If you do lots of motorway miles the active cruise is helpful but can be defeated by certain weather conditions as it is camera and not radar based.

With the Clubby the comfort access is great as it fully opens the boot hands free.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I could probably (grudgingly) live without a lot of the extras I currently have but there are a couple of things that'd be must haves:
  • LED headlights (not bothered if matrix or not)
  • JCW exhaust
From your list I'd be ok living without sunroof and HK.

·
Registered
229 Posts
HUD, HK, some kind of LED headlight (aren’t LED’s standard now?) and if I was speccing from new, I’d definitely get the heated screen. I could do without the heated seats I have in mine, but that one is definitely a subjective option.

·
Super Moderator
6,747 Posts
I think we are all so different you've got to look at past experience with cars and option which you really want/can afford/ don't mind losing money on, because options make your car more saleable but traditionally you don't get back anywhere what you paid for them. Options make the manufacturer money. Buy the car you want and can budget for. Try to get what you know you will miss.

·
Registered
903 Posts
My minimum requirement for a JCW is;
HUD - Just awesome, and much easier to keep to the speed limit!
Variable Damper Control - Makes long runs much more tolerable
Heated Seats - For those could winter starts, and when I have done my back in
Panoramic Roof - Makes the cabin lighter and I can hear the racket the car makes
Apple CarPlay - Waze, Overcast, Telephony

Would like to have;
Active Cruise Control - Never had it
Nav XL - The bigger screen is just better
Heated Front Windscreen - To save me 5 minutes, 20 days a year!

Not bothered about;
MINI Connected/Telematics - Its slowly getting better, but is still completely awful
Harmon Kardon - Mostly listen to podcasts, or the car's soundtrack
Leather - Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter
Matrix Headlight upgrade - how hard is it to flick a switch?
Touchscreen - It just makes the display dirty and is harder to be accurate with selection
Reversing Camera - How hard is it to look over your shoulder?
Park Assist - Had it on my last JCW, used it twice

Would like to have but they don't offer;
Heated steering wheel - cos i'm worth it
Forward mounted paintball gun - for the idiots

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think I regret not having active headlights (I miss the headlights turning in the direction of the wheel from my C250), comfort access, and leather seats (fabric seats are great for hot climate like where I live in, but they shed tiny bits of fluff... even after a proper vacuum clean). Maybe the driving assistant would be nice too (just as an extra safety feat.).

I wouldn't be happy if my Mini didn't have: Mini Driving Modes, sport suspension, anthracite headlining, and Harman/Kardon (sound quality is not as good as I was expecting, but it's decent, and better than the standard system for sure).

·
Registered
97 Posts
As it's down to personal choice, it's hard for others to help you make up your mind, still, for me

HUD - It's always best to keep your eyes on the road.
Carplay - no map updates, just use Waze/Google Maps
Harman Kardon - cause music when I want
Adaptive dampers - keep the missus happy on long journeys
Heated seats - see above

That's it. The rest is nice to have.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I agree with most of the above, running through the options mine has that I rate/don’t rate and then some that I wish it had;
Rate
  • HUD - I struggle to adapt getting in to car without it now
  • HK Audio - I’m really in to my yobbish music so this was a must for me
  • Heated seats - I use these more than just through the winter and couldn’t live without them now
  • Dynamic damper control (DDC/VDC) - this really does make a difference when flicking it in to sport and the comfier setting for bumpy roads does make the car more comfortable
  • Pro exhaust - I have found the little Bluetooth button to be temperamental but my god does it make an incredible noise.
  • Cruise control with brake function - useful for long drives
Don’t rate
  • Park assist - as above I have used this once to see it work then I have forgotten about it
  • Excitement pack - as far as I can work out this gives you a gimmicky power counter on the screen, cool but useless. Unless people can tell me it includes something else?
Wish I had;
  • Folding wing mirrors w/ anti-dazzle - came from an E92 with this feature and didn’t recognise how valuable it was.
  • Anti-dazzle interior mirror - also has this in my E92 and like the above I didn’t see how useful it is when driving at night, especially when car light are becoming brighter.
Hope this is of some help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts