Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as promised here are some pics after car was machine polished on Saturday and coated the car with Car Pro Finest Ceramic Coating on paint and Car Pro DLUX Ceramic coating on wheels and DLUX on plastics to give wet loot and to stop the greying of arches, Prep done on our annual meet up at mine

Ok not had time to get many pics know completed and outside and very dull tonight and does not do the cracking finish any justice but wanted to get a few up before we head for photo shot on next sunny day , that will likely be a while here in NE Scotland

The wheels and all plastics done with Car Pro DLUX the next day

Hope you enjoyed ?

Any questions just ask

· Registered
457 Posts
Looking cracking Derek after all that hard work.
You can definitely say the splitters just finish it...should really have been fitted as standard IMO.
Just spent 1/2 hour this afternoon drying out all these grilles and nooks and crannies:( will def need to invest in a compressor or blower!! Even worse when I forgot to open boot and bonnet before drying front and rear:(:(
Oh ye forgot what do you charge for a full detail?.......I'm still using the old buckets and mitt:laugh::laugh:

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking cracking Derek after all that hard work.
You can definitely say the splitters just finish it...should really have been fitted as standard IMO.
Just spent 1/2 hour this afternoon drying out all these grilles and nooks and crannies:( will def need to invest in a compressor or blower!! Even worse when I forgot to open boot and bonnet before drying front and rear:(:(
Oh ye forgot what do you charge for a full detail?.......I'm still using the old buckets and mitt:laugh::laugh:
Thanks Davo, i use the Aeolus Turbo version of dog dryer its been great and only £79 when i got it , have the compressor as well but the heat setting on blower far better for drying as well.

Yes the splitters are needed to cover off the bulbous bow that has grown on me but why all the hatters you can't see it from the best position in a JCW the drivers seat IMHO.
This is just a hobby for me and the Car Pro banner just for the Detail meet we have at mine once a year and everyone helps to get the car looking its best i lay on the food and venue and organise:D
And the credit goes to all that helped on the day and me for the next day:)

only do our and family cars sorry>:D

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Absolutely stunning Derek! Nicely done.....I could look at it all day. Do you ever get up in the middle of the night and go to the garage and just "stare" & "smile"? It's ok...that's totally "normal". LOL!

Cheers,

John

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Absolutely stunning Derek! Nicely done.....I could look at it all day. Do you ever get up in the middle of the night and go to the garage and just "stare" & "smile"? It's ok...that's totally "normal". LOL!

Cheers,

John
Thanks John

To answer your question do I ever get up in the middle of the night and go to the garage and just Stare & Smile?
Don't tell anyone but I prefer to stay up so late and just go in garage and put on the operating theatre lights as some have called them as so many and walk round looking at all the nice bits it may be wrong but as a mini loving petrol head that's just how it is :Dbut when I do get to bed at my age I sleep right through till morning after all that detailing that is:)

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a'right I suppose..... :D

Good work there, I really need to pull my finger out and get some real cleaning done, on my arches especially, got some gyeon stuff waiting.

But get your plates back on!
Hi Mike you need a push me thinks this thread might get you motivated ?
Can't have all the gear and not use it ;)

Plates are finally back on ready for all the fun to begin can't wait>:D

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
absolutely gorgeous! White Silver is an interesting colour. Haven't got the opportunity to see one in its flesh though.
Thanks, we was torn between WS and CR and until we seen the WS with CR roof in flesh better half would not budge from CR black roof so seeing the car in flesh secured the colour combo I thought was best for us>:D

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! Lovely job. I do love White Silver, especially when the sun (occasionally) shines! Looking forward go seeing this stunner in the flesh some day!
Thanks Donna its funny how we all like different things i like the colour when no sun best but it has many shades for sure, we will just have to arrange a meet sometime know more members joining in scotland.:D

Well how is the motor after coating or is it still at Elgin? we need pics

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Thanks Donna its funny how we all like different things i like the colour when no sun best but it has many shades for sure, we will just have to arrange a meet sometime know more members joining in scotland.:D

Well how is the motor after coating or is it still at Elgin? we need pics
It's being buffed as we speak Derek! Alan posted a 'pre' photo on FB yesterday...hopefully he'll post another one today as she progresses!

I didn't realise the rigmarole involved with Crystal Serum and how every bottle that GTechniq sell has to be linked to the car and I get all sorts of ID numbers so it's fully traceable, warranty/insurance bumff. My MINI truly is a member of an elite club now!

https://www.facebook.com/amdetails?fref=ts

Our 10yo Freelander is in for a overhaul next week. I pity the lads when they see the state of it (but it's only getting AMDetails products) and our Boxster GTS is in the end of October for the CS treatment ...the first car booked in for Alan's refurbished super-duper premises. So nae doubt there'll be lots of photos of it!

Yes there are quite a few of us locals on here now. Me, mikeswagon are both here and there are lots of Fifers I think. I was trying to organise a wee run with Mike and others via FB but we've not decided on a date yet!

Reactions: mikeswagon

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's being buffed as we speak Derek! Alan posted a 'pre' photo on FB yesterday...hopefully he'll post another one today as she progresses!

I didn't realise the rigmarole involved with Crystal Serum and how every bottle that GTechniq sell has to be linked to the car and I get all sorts of ID numbers so it's fully traceable, warranty/insurance bumff. My MINI truly is a member of an elite club now!

https://www.facebook.com/amdetails?fref=ts

Our 10yo Freelander is in for a overhaul next week. I pity the lads when they see the state of it (but it's only getting AMDetails products) and our Boxster GTS is in the end of October for the CS treatment ...the first car booked in for Alan's refurbished super-duper premises. So nae doubt there'll be lots of photos of it!

Yes there are quite a few of us locals on here now. Me, mikeswagon are both here and there are lots of Fifers I think. I was trying to organise a wee run with Mike and others via FB but we've not decided on a date yet!
That's good news always great to see the finished result:D

Boxster GTS know that does sound a lot of fun I have fallen in love with the new Cayman GT4 and I have never been a massive Porsche fan but it was simply stunning when we had a good look on our annual trip to car heaven Festival of Speed

Look forward to pics

· Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Traded in a C63 for that souped-up Beetle. Still think the OH lost his marbles.........
:crying: oh dear having driven a couple of C63 AMG's and have a run up the goodwood hill in the new S62 AMG this year that put a whole new perspective on the mater, the sound alone would make me want to keep the C63:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.