Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
MID/GREEN - 10% softer than the stock suspension
SPORT - Configurable between 10% STIFFER than stock suspension or 10% softer, as it is on MID/GREEN.

Definitely not "brutal", unless you've only been driving Cadillacs your whole life. For me, it's subtle, but noticeable. Some people don't even notice the difference and for some, it isn't stiff enough and they go aftermarket. I got DDC on mine because most of my time is spent commuting on usually uneven Seattle roads or driving my wife and I places, so I can choose to have a pliant (but sporty) ride most of the time, but if I feel like having fun, I can flick it into SPORT mode.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The sport setting is firm, but not jarring. It's not as adroit handling in sport as coil over suspension, but adequate for my needs. I have has no issue with any curves I have encountered with it not handling them with very little sway and slide. If I was going for a more dedicated track car I would have gone with coil overs. It is a delicious little beast. The JCW PRO exhaust is a nice addition for more power and more noise if you are so inclined and you have the option of having it open or closed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perfect!

When your head is in sporty mode, then the stiff suspension setting is great and you feel the road.
On the other hand when following traffic home from work then the soft setup gives enough comfort, but its never going to give you a limo ride.;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just remember, since nobody mentioned this, that the std sport suspension on the JCW is "stiffer" (10% as I recall) than the sport setting with DDC if you go for the JCW. Of course, the sport suspension is no longer available on anything except the JCW. I have no issues with it but my wife would like a bit softer ride on bumpy roads, so the DDC definitely has its advantages. Just remember it won't work on aftermarket coilovers...has to be removed.

Reactions: KYDan

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just remember, since nobody mentioned this, that the std sport suspension on the JCW is "stiffer" (10% as I recall) than the sport setting with DDC if you go for the JCW. Of course, the sport suspension is no longer available on anything except the JCW. I have no issues with it but my wife would like a bit softer ride on bumpy roads, so the DDC definitely has its advantages. Just remember it won't work on aftermarket coilovers...has to be removed.
The JCW Sport Suspension is 30% stiffer than the stock Cooper S suspension, but as you mentioned, in the US anyway, it is only available on the JCW trim.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Of course, the sport suspension is no longer available on anything except the JCW.
This is region specific as its still available as an option in UK at least on non JCW models

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I have not heard that.....I've seen this discussed many times re the JCW sport suspension was nla as an option on non-JCWs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.