Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning

Just trying to get a vibe on how many people would be interested in F56 JCW aluminium pedal set for their cars.
These would be for manual cars only! ! !

Please let me know, RRP £188 Inc Vat normally.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would be interested

Reactions: rybrookf56

·
Registered
258 Posts
possibly yes - how easy are they to fit?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunster

I believe they either stick on or screw into existing pedal.
There is not alot of labour time to fit so they must be simple to do.

Chris

·
Registered
258 Posts
Cheers Chris. Ages ago you mentioned you'd do rubber mats set for 17% off RRP - been too busy to chase this up- can you still do this and what price are we looking at?

Should mention this is for the F55 5 door - not sure if there's any difference in floor plan to the F56

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have bought them in the Netherlands and have to pay 352 euro. A large chunk of this is labour because accelerator pedal is a complete assembly which has to be programmed/coded to the car...

That's what they told me. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good morning

Just trying to get a vibe on how many people would be interested in F56 JCW aluminium pedal set for their cars.
These would be for manual cars only! ! !

Please let me know, RRP £188 Inc Vat normally.

Cheers
Chris

I would be once I get my car will get in touch then

·
Registered
21 Posts
The accelerator pedal is a complete unit but requires no coding to the car, its a straight swap for the standard pedal. The brake & clutch replace the rubber ones fitted as standard, again very simple.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are you looking at all 4 including the footrest in the deal? If you can confirm that the gas pedal is a straight swap with no coding I will be up for it.
Pat

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys

Just spoke to MINI UK and they have confirmed that the accelerator pedal would need to be programmed to the car which should take less than a hour.
Being a accessory the labour is reduced.

If you have any other queries please let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey guys

Just spoke to MINI UK and they have confirmed that the accelerator pedal would need to be programmed to the car which should take less than a hour.

Chris
So that means, dealer fitment and coding, which will take the price well over £300. Considering I paid less than £100 for the set I had in my R56 and could be fitted at home without coding that is taking the pee. Why would it need coding, all it is is a potentiometer.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey guys

S

Chris
Hi Chris

How much could you do a set of JCW pedals and footrest for? Also a set of black headlight and taillight surrounds?

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hey guys

Chris
Can you double check that coding is required, I have just done a part number check on the accelerator pedal and it is exactly the same part as every other MINI produced since the inception of the R56, none of the Rxx models needed coding.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can you double check that coding is required, I have just done a part number check on the accelerator pedal and it is exactly the same part as every other MINI produced since the inception of the R56, none of the Rxx models needed coding.
So I have phoned a couple of dealers this morning, one stated definitely needs coding and would take 90 minutes labour time, one quoted definitely does not need coding as the mini parts site and fitting sites they use does not include coding in instructions, one stated might need coding but not sure! Who is going to be the first to take the plunge???

·
Registered
185 Posts
why are they considered any better than the standard pedals that cost nowt?!
Why would people change their wheels or add a roof spoiler or pick different trims inside? It is because Minis are about personal taste and personally think they look better, they were standard on previous Cooper S models...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts