Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly I am a little tired of the seat colors on the 3 rd Gen Mini. No matter how you turn it they still turn out black.:( I so would love to see different seat colors in the future. How about you? Mini offered back in 2007 red/redwood seats I so would take that red interior with a melted silver.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Totally agree; i desperately wanted some colour in mine but nothing seemed to go with VO so went with the dark grey half leather; wanted a dash strip of colour too but nothing seemed right to swmbo ! She has the colour taste. Now the new colours in the cman ; super.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Maybe I'm the odd man out but I love black interior! And the anthracite headliner is the absolute best imo.

That being said, I agree buyers should have a wider color selection, especially in the convertible where black isn't the best in a hot climate....although I thought you could order white???? Or is that in previous gens?

Red would look stellar on some colors like black exterior! One reason I opted for the red trimmed JCW dinamica/leather alcantra sport seats was to grab a little "red" to compliment my black color combo.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I do like a good black interior - I think if I ever get round to ordering another MINI then I'd probably spec everything black and go for the Satellite Grey leather because I love that combo - although I would like to see a Berry or Tan leather like you can get on the F57.

I'm sure for the facelift which is coming next year will take advantage of different leathers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I asked if they had red leather when I ordered my F55, the salesman laughed and asked why I'd want that. He clearly didn't have any taste. I had to settle for the red accents to complement the black leather.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I asked if they had red leather when I ordered my F55, the salesman laughed and asked why I'd want that. He clearly didn't have any taste. I had to settle for the red accents to complement the black leather.
And that looks just fine! ;-)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I absolutely agree ... more color options would be great. Fortunately Mini offers color lines and highlights that really perk up the interior.

One of the reasons I steer clear of the GTI and Golf R is that the interiors, while nice, are like living in a cave. No matter how nice the car drives, the ambiance does make a difference.

A real selling feature for me on my current X1 was the ability to get the really nice Coral Red leather interior. It really stands out in comparison with other cars in the class.

I'd love to see more options on the Mini.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Maybe I'm the odd man out but I love black interior! And the anthracite headliner is the absolute best imo.

That being said, I agree buyers should have a wider color selection, especially in the convertible where black isn't the best in a hot climate....although I thought you could order white???? Or is that in previous gens?

Red would look stellar on some colors like black exterior! One reason I opted for the red trimmed JCW dinamica/leather alcantra sport seats was to grab a little "red" to compliment my black color combo.
Wouldn't you just love to have a black 63 Vette convertible with red interior?>:D

·
Registered
386 Posts
I love the combination of LeMans Blue with Caramel interior (with Anthracite headliner) on my 2001 M5 ... if only someone could bring that back.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hans, them seats look sweet. I like them. Yeah sadly here in NA Mini is behind giving the customer some more options but hey we got 127 flavors from the Coke Free Style Machine.:D:D

http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2011/...-flavors-from-the-coke-freestyle-machine.html

Have you seen the Coca-Cola "Freestyle" soda fountain yet?

It's a pretty remarkable thing. Instead of levers for different sodas, you've got a touchscreen, slick as an iPad. It presents you with 20-odd options: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Powerade... glancing over the logos, it's a pretty impressive list.

But there's more. Push one of those buttons: you want Coke? Well, you can have Coke. But would you rather have Vanilla Coke? Coke with Lime? Or kinds that don't even exist in bottles, like Coke Raspberry or Orange Coke?

It gets pretty dizzying. The first time we saw one at a Connecticut rest stop Wendy's, we went crazy with all the different options and combinations. (It set our car trip back a good hour.) And now that a machine's appeared at a new Five Guys in our Brooklyn neighborhood, we can't get enough. Is Orange Fanta better than Sprite Orange? What about Diet Coke Lime vs. Coke Zero Lime... vs. Caffeine-Free Diet Coke Lime?

Seriously?

Fine.

Coca-Cola®
Vanilla Coke
Coke with Lime
Raspberry Coke
Cherry Coke
Orange Coke
Cherry Vanilla Coke
Diet Coke®
Diet Vanilla Coke
Diet Coke with Lime
Raspberry Diet Coke
Diet Cherry Coke
Orange Diet Coke
Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke
Coca-Cola Zero™
Cherry Coke Zero
Vanilla Coke Zero
Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero
Coke Zero with Orange
Coke Zero with Lime
Coke Zero with Raspberry
Coke Zero with Lemon
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke®
Caffeine-Free Diet Vanilla Coke
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Lime
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke with Orange
Caffeine-Free Diet Raspberry Coke
Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Coke
Caffeine-Free Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke
Sprite®
Sprite with Cherry
Sprite with Strawberry
Sprite with Grape
Sprite with Peach
Sprite with Raspberry
Sprite with Orange
Sprite with Vanilla
Sprite Zero™
Sprite Zero with Cherry
Sprite Zero with Strawberry
Sprite Zero with Raspberry
Sprite Zero with Grape
Sprite Zero with Peach
Sprite Zero with Orange
Sprite Zero with Vanilla
Fanta® Orange
Fanta Fruit Punch
Fanta Lime
Fanta Grape
Fanta Strawberry
Fanta Peach
Fanta Raspberry
Fanta Cherry
Fanta Zero™ Orange
Fanta Zero Peach
Fanta Zero Lime
Fanta Zero Grape
Fanta Zero Strawberry
Fanta Zero Fruit Punch
Fanta Zero Raspberry
Fanta Zero Cherry
Minute Maid® Lemonade
Minute Maid Cherry Lemonade
Minute Maid Orange Lemonade
Minute Maid Raspberry Lemonade
Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade
Minute Maid Fruit Punch Lemonade
Minute Maid® Light Lemonade
Minute Maid Light Cherry Lemonade
Minute Maid Light Orange Lemonade
Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade
Minute Maid Light Strawberry Lemonade
Minute Maid Light Fruit Punch Lemonade
Dasani with Lime
Dasani with Peach
Dasani with Grape
Dasani with Orange
Dasani with Strawberry
Dasani with Raspberry
Dasani with Cherry
Dasani with Lemon
Dasani Sensations - Lime
Dasani Sensations - Peach
Dasani Sensations - Grape
Dasani Sensations - Strawberry
Dasani Sensations - Orange
Dasani Sensations - Raspberry
Dasani Sensations - Cherry
Dasani Sensations - Lemon
Powerade ION4 Fruit Punch
Powerade ION4 Raspberry
Powerade ION4 Cherry
Powerade ION4 Lemon
Powerade ION4 Orange
Powerade ION4 Lime
Powerade ION4 Grape
Powerade ION4 Strawberry
Powerade Zero Fruit Punch
Powerade Zero Raspberry
Powerade Zero Cherry
Powerade Zero Lemon
Powerade Zero Orange
Powerade Zero Lime
Powerade Zero Grape
Powerade Zero Strawberry
Hi-C®
Hi-C Cherry
Hi-C Orange
Hi-C Raspberry
Hi-C Strawberry
Hi-C Fruit Punch
Hi-C Grape
Hi-C Raspberry Lime
Hi-C Orange Vanilla
Vault™
Vault Red Blitz
Orange Vault
Grape Vault
Peach Vault
Pibb Xtra®
Pibb Zero™
Barq's®
Barq's Vanilla
Diet Barq's®
Diet Barq's®
Diet Barq's Vanilla
Seagram's® Lemon Lime Seltzer

·
Registered
219 Posts
But why can't the importer of the USA make a deal with BMW Germany in Muenchen, too!
Because the Cabrio/Convertible (F57) and the F56 (One/Cooper/S/JCW) are build in the Netherlands too.

All those Minis are parking on the Compound Area in Born, waiting for transporting. A few Minis parked in the same area for upholstery. Than later after upholstery those Minis are transporting from Eindhoven to the Dutch dealers / Example: USA, back to the Compound Area in Born. Ist not difficult, I think, that those Minis getting for next shipment to USA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts