Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been checking Dealers out here in the South West wanted to see if anybody got a not so loaded JCW on there Show Room Floor (yes I was bored:D) and I could not find one Dealer that got one new in there Inventory but they all have loaded 40K+ Mini Convertibles like crazy in there Inventory. What is up with that. I found a used one over in Cali for 29K but it was an automatic and red.:| Sure would like to drive one 1st before I decide if my next Mini will be a JCW or MCS.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The market is too small for the loaded JCW as it is an expensive car and with taxes here they run over $50,000 and that really reduces the market for them. You can purchase a new, base corvette for a little more money. So, what they can show a JCW for that is loaded they can have two base models for the same money. I didn't load mine up with mini connected (Wasted $ for me) and I like the base interior better than the upgrades. However, I did get the Rebel Green, black jack roof, 18" cup wheels, automatic with dynamic suspension, chrono pack, et. al. Stickered out with taxes in the upper 40's here. If they ordered one with all the bells and whistles they would have to severely discount it to move it and that affects the bottom line adversely. Capitalism at its finest, but look at the toys we have available!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Before I ordered my 2016 MCS, I test drove a JCW at my dealers. I was ready to order one, but the new car sales mngr. talked me out of it. I don't track or a/c and he said a JCW would rot in my garage. We "built" a Cooper S with JCW exterior and interior, a bunch of options I wanted and added a tuner exhaust and dynamic dampers. I am three weeks into my new car and loving it. Meantime, the JCW floor model is gone. I asked about it and he said another dealer had a buyer for it so they traded. He added that they had sold all of 3 JCW's in the past two years. You can buy a Cooper S, add all the JCW accoutrements and save around $4,500.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My dealer told me they hadn't sold many F56 JCW's. Mine was the first one ordered in 2015....I bought mine without the benefit of driving one, but I did drive an MCS. I still think a base model JCW us an outstanding value!....if you can refrain from too many add-ons. It's a lot of car for under $40k imo! Dealer got one in as a demonstrator while I was waiting for my manual trans JCW...it was an auto....a real rocket for sure, but I didn't like the auto. It takes some seat time to know how to paddle shift & I just wasn't into it! My MA took me for a smoking ride though so I know how quick the auto can be! I believe it didn't last more than a month or so before someone snapped it up! I bet they've sold only 3 or 4 JCW's.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
JCWs are not big sellers for any dealer so they usually only have a few and the ones they do have, they don't put on the showroom floor because they don't want people climbing in and out of them all the time. Test drives are usually restricted as well as the typical JCW customer has one thing on their mind - SPEED! You can bet they will want to open them up and see what they can do, which of course puts wear on a car they will have to eventually sell to someone and for a car like the JCW, low miles/low use is preferred.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here in the UK, I did ask my dealer how many they sell - they reckon on average about 1 JCW a month, quite often none for a couple of months. The month I ordered mine, April '16, was unusual that they shifted 3 including mine. They had several available to drive though - one was the business managers car (which they use for test drives), approx £30k as pretty much loaded, another parked up in the JCW part of the showroom - again, another £30k+ loaded car with delivery miles, and one 'used' one with about 5,000 miles, also a fully loaded car by the look of it for about £27k. You don't see many around which are not fully loaded.

Reactions: Evlkarl
1 - 6 of 6 Posts