Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a cancelled order L1 Mini Electric ,due to be delivered to ur dealer early to mid November. Wonder what will happen now? Will have to try quell my excitement. Think the factory is staying open but my dealer says they aren't sure what they will do as yet but will let me know as soon as they know!!!!!

·
Registered
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
112 Posts
According to the lockdown rules due on Thursday car dealer showrooms are not allowed to open. Having said that I am sure they could do the handover outside, 1 to 1, which would not be in breach of the rules maybe. I guess buying a car is being classed as non essential so it maybe that no matter how they do the handover it would still be classed as illegal under lockdown rules and therefore the dealer will not do any to stay on the right side of the law. If that is the case I feel for you, it will be so frustrating to not be able to get your new car. I hope there is some way you can pick it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to the lockdown rules due on Thursday car dealer showrooms are not allowed to open. Having said that I am sure they could do the handover outside, 1 to 1, which would not be in breach of the rules maybe. I guess buying a car is being classed as non essential so it maybe that no matter how they do the handover it would still be classed as illegal under lockdown rules and therefore the dealer will not do any to stay on the right side of the law. If that is the case I feel for you, it will be so frustrating to not be able to get your new car. I hope there is some way you can pick it up.
From that sounds like it migght be a nice xmas pressy . mm might make them wait then and get it registered a 71plate but not sure I can be that patient!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's all a little bit unknown, what can and can't be done, I'm afraid? I have a Court summons in Spain for mid-November, Ryanair have confirmed they aren't cancelling 'any' flights, but the Foreign Office 'Helpline' couldn't advise if this was a special exemption or not? It's all a bit Heath Robinson imho.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes fingers crossed-rang yesterday and speaking to our salesperson Friday but she said they're staying open as will the factory-we may not get much of a handover but who cares! Keep you posted.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WEll after an email from the dealer-great by the way -sorry but you feel part of the family at Sopers, saying they'd be open for click and collect I rang the salesman. Covid J Emberton as he is to be named-the first you can guess, then the father in laws initials to sound posh and then salesman surname last-yes SWMBO does love car naming, it'll be made in the next couple of weeks and arrives dealer first week December-happy days-then we can click and collect-arrive, wave at the salesman having already paid online, keys will be in the car and off we go. He sounded mighty fed up as they are still in trying to sell cars via phone or video conference-and things were just taking off-sold a huge number after lockdown eased off last time. The whole thing is a mess imo. and 2nd Dec will arrive, the Xmas partying will commence and we will be back where we started in Jan unless the vaccine arrives and works! BUT we might get our car on time !

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mini still seem to have had 25,841 registrations this year making them the 7th most popular by volume according to this, and they can't all have gone to dealers as demonstrators so customers must be getting deliveries.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES he said he had never been so busy. Selling was up from 40 a month to 60 over the summer apparently. Mighty fed up now.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well had the exciting email yesterday to say we had a chassis number and build is to commence. Wow. Here we go again. Early Dec looks on the cards. 7kw charger ordered , £599 I think with grant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I e mailed our dealer yesterday to ask if he had a build date yet for our Mini Electric (We ordered it Oct 15th). He replied that the forecast was for the end of January but they usually came earlier. However I had a phone call from the salesman this afternoon who said that there was a shortage of 1.5 litre engines at the factory which meant that they would probably be building other models earlier! All sounds promising, fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pod point as they were Good with Father in law's leaf and they seem to be continuing with Good service. Install booked for Monday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts