Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

New jcw owner who is looking for some window tinting in Melbourne,

Can anybody give me some names of places who have done mini f56 window tinting in Melbourne? And you have been happy with the job,

Also any idea of cost would be great.

Don't want to trust my new baby to any body.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no body is getting there windows tinted in melbourne

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry Spikeyboy, I negotiated my tint in with the deal, so the dealer had it done prior to delivery. Not a cheap option if paid for outright, around the $600 mark I believe, but has a lifetime warranty.
Obviously there's tint-a-car and the like, but I don't know the quality, etc. I'm sure someone will be along soon, like you say, someone must have it done via a 3rd party outfit.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Cant give you advise on where to go in Melbournebut i had used tintacar on my last 3 cars and they have done a good job on all 3. However, always check on each company from real people who have used that company as some big companies are franchises so its up to the individual skill. Even if they have the backing of a big name, if the installer is learning or just not that good then run away.

Looks like this forum might not offer you the best information on who to use but can advise on what type of tint to use.

A ball park price for a decent top tint is about $295 - $495

Any questions, just ask?

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dealer quoted me a silly price on tinting the 2 front windows and told them that was a ridiculous mark up. I will be getting my 2 front windows tinted at Solartint (i'm in Sydney but they do have branches in Victoria)

Copy and pasting the quote I got:

The price for each film is:

PREMIUM IR Our new Solartint Ceramic film which comes backed with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Which blocks 90% of Infared Heat $300.00 (Inc GST) two front windows only

BLACK PEARL NR our non metalised 35% film which comes back with our LIFETIME WARRANTY $200.00 (Inc GST) two front windows only

OR

PREMIUM IR Our new Solartint Ceramic film which comes backed with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Which blocks 90% of Infared Heat $595.00 (Inc GST) 2 front windows 35% + Clear UV film back section

Hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.