Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, wondering if any can help me. Im waiting on my 2022 jcw to be delivered and have requested the dealers put very dark tinting on my front and passenger windows, however they have said that they think this will affect some of the instrument readings as there wont be much light going through the windows?? I have had all my other vehicles with the extra dark tinting with no issues, however i have never owned a BMW mini and not sure if this is correct or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
i'm not sure about it affecting the instrument readings. just that in some states like ca where i live, it is illegal to put any additional window tinting on your driver/passenger side windows (other than the slight glass tint that is usually in most modern-day cars). for me, it's just not worth it to give the cops a reason to pull you over.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not sure about it affecting the instrument readings. just that in some states like ca where i live, it is illegal to put any additional window tinting on your driver/passenger side windows (other than the slight glass tint that is usually in most modern-day cars). for me, it's just not worth it to give the cops a reason to pull you over.
Thanks heaps for your feed back, i really appreciate it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts