Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have limo black on the rear 3 and it looks great imo so much so I want to do the front 2 however I know it's not legal so how dark could I go so it compliments the back but don't take the pîss to the police any pics be appreciated especially on a thunder grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers I see that I know I'm pushing it doing it but still want to but unsure how dark to go

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine are about 50% if I remember correctly. They look a lot darker when the white Suburban is not a backdrop.

That looks good and fact you can see thru to the white vehicle makes me feel happy I'm not taking the pïss

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought in the UK that was illegal to put any additional tint on the front?

It is I know that I'm happy with the risk you see many cars in uk with them done so .......... just don't want to go so dark I'm over stepping it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many cars do you see with illegal spaced number plates but we do it as it looks better just drop the window down if u see the police lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
It is I know that I'm happy with the risk you see many cars in uk with them done so .......... just don't want to go so dark I'm over stepping it

Hope the bikers among us feel the same. After all its bikers that tend to be overlooked when cars pull out of junctions, and it's bikers that pay that price. So I hope you always open your front windows at evert T junction, if you decide to tint. I am not a biker, but I would hate to think illegal actions could have a potential life changing impact all for good looks / fashion. Changing a number plate spacing does not have the same potential impact, it's only AMPR that has a problem with this, so If your Mini was stolen the Police can't track it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope the bikers among us feel the same. After all its bikers that tend to be overlooked when cars pull out of junctions, and it's bikers that pay that price. So I hope you always open your front windows at evert T junction, if you decide to tint. I am not a biker, but I would hate to think illegal actions could have a potential life changing impact all for good looks / fashion. Changing a number plate spacing does not have the same potential impact, it's only AMPR that has a problem with this, so If your Mini was stolen the Police can't track it.

This is very true and and 42 years old I am aware of driving etc if you read up I want a slight tint not limo tint also was you talking push bikes or motorbikes

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plus as the pic above shows you can see the van straight thru both closed Windows I can only look thru 1 at a time

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got limo tint on back windows, then went 2nd darkest on driver/passenger windows. It looks amazing, but the one draw back is when I back into my dark garage, I do have to lower my passenger window to see the garage more clearly through side mirrors, otherwise looking through tinted window makes the garage a black hole.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Second darkest is that 20% ? As I was thinking a touch lighter and are you in the uk ?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cyclists I imagine would be more likely to be hurt from people pulling out at junctions. MotorBikers are usually further out in the road with headlights on all the time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tbh most of the motorbikes in my area like to do the tyre warm up wiggle in the 30mph limit ready for the scarey 60mph and the rest tend to think they are on a unicycle so can't see diddly squat lol push bikes are wide as cars these days love nothing more to go 3 a breast so they can be seen also I hear what people say and as I said I want a slight tint nothing crazy as I do carry a child around with me

·
Registered
378 Posts
Bike helmets can have 50% tints and still be leagal

So time for some perspective

Reactions: Fartnugget

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Personally don't like front window tints, reminds me of when I saw a Overfinch Sport pulled over and having the police rip the front tint to ensure he has it taken off. Just think if you go darker than a sun protection film then you look a bit silly, a bit too drug dealer... Just my opinion, yours don't look too dark though to be honest so you'll probably get away with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts