Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience this issue?

I go to use my washer jets and they will spray the regular power first spray. Briefly after they seem to loose power, or maybe pressure, in the spray. It will still spray albeit at about maybe 50% strength.

Anything to look for?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Sounds like a bit of dirt n the system somewhere-first blast ok sucks up some nasty bits and blocks it for further squirts? Might need a clean out!

·
Registered
494 Posts
My Rear Wiper Spray had this very same issue.
I took the car while under warranty....the comment on my W/O
stated a foreign object inside the nozzle was blocking the washer fluid.
Report states it was removed and hose cleaned out. Works fine now.
Quite possibly you have the same issue too ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R56 washers used to scale up all the time, sounds familiar. Bit of Vinegar should do the trick (WHITE!! not malt or you car will stink forever!)
But I love me some chips. How am I supposed to keep the vinegar on hand if not from the sprayers?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Have you noticed any windscreen fluid being lost anywhere? I had this problem with my MCS when it was new......when i lifted the bonnet i noticed a missing circlip joining the pipe to a t-peice was missing and leaking fluid at that point. Look near the bonnet hinge at the driver's side.......

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you noticed any windscreen fluid being lost anywhere? I had this problem with my MCS when it was new......when i lifted the bonnet i noticed a missing circlip joining the pipe to a t-peice was missing and leaking fluid at that point. Look near the bonnet hinge at the driver's side.......
I'll take a look when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up.

frits and mayo as they do in Amsterdam
Mayonaise dude, it's the future.
3 years in Belgium has taught me the truth.

You know it was Belgians that invented chips, not the French...
Mayo is ok for fries if it has flavorings mixed in. Other than that it should be reserved for sandwiches.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
pah .... when in the 'Dam it HAS to be Satay Sauce on your chips!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts