Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You wouldn't say 'winter tyres aren't applicable' if you lived in NE Scotland! ;)

Wouldn't drive a car without them anymore .......

Sorely tempted by the spotlights though! Might see if my OH can fit them himself....sure I was quoted about £500 before.....

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would love winter tyres to become law in the UK, or to be more precise the non use of summer tyres in winter. I realise that having two sets of wheels isn't for everyone, but there are such things as all season tyres which are fine for southern areas of the UK. Think of it this way, if you only could have one pair of shoes, would you choose flip flops. Manufactures are to blame, we should have a choice of tyre when we order the car, summer, winter or all season. Summer tyres are cheaper thats why they fit them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
...but there are such things as all season tyres which are fine for southern areas of the UK.
Though US members will say that all-season tyres are good at nothing - the one thing they do is work in snow, but then nowhere in Britain gets snow on the roads for long enough to really need that.

I am a great fan of winter tyres, because they work well on ungritted ice, but in truth only a small minority of drivers regularly drive on roads that are never gritted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah I'm more interested in the LED drl's to be honest. If the fitting price isn't ridiculous that is. I've sent a query to my dealer about the price so hopefully I'll get a good quote.
I got the same email yesterday, So given rybrook on here an email to see what he can do :) seems a good price if the fitting doesn't kill the low cost of the kit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm more interested in the LED drl's to be honest. If the fitting price isn't ridiculous that is. I've sent a query to my dealer about the price so hopefully I'll get a good quote.
I got the same email yesterday, So given rybrook on here an email to see what he can do
seems a good price if the fitting doesn't kill the low cost of the kit.
Yeah exactly. I'm a bit sceptical as when I went on the mini site it had the normal advert for the led drls next to it at the 375 price. Hoping the fitting won't be 175 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.